Check out IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in December 2016 & Sample Answers to be well prepared for both IELTS Academic & General Training Test.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions
- How much money is enough?
Well, it’s hard to answer this question as there is no exact measurement to say whether money is enough or not. It’s up to (1) perspective and goal of different people. Some people want to earn more money so they can save up but some just need a certain amount of money to (2)sustain their lives.
- Why do people care too much about money?
I think the reason is simply because money equals power. The more money you have ,the more things you can do ,the more influence you have over people. No one refuses power so that’s why they give priority to money
- Is money important to you?
Absolutely. I can buy things with money and give presents for my family by my own money. It makes my life more meaningful . It’s like a motivation to (1) push me forward and work harder to enhance my life. For me, money is just never enough and if I’m satisfied with what I earn, I’ll (2) fall behind with fellows
- What do people in your country save money for?
I suppose it’s up to different purposes. While the young save money for travelling or paying tuition fees, the elderly tend to keep money for health service and their kids. However, young people have more (1) desire than (2) the seniors so they often spend more than their (3)savings.
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a method to save money.
You should say:
What the method is
When you started to use it
How you knew it
and explain why it is helpful
Well, i’m not good at saving money and I tend to buy things without considering carefully. It’s hard to save if you don’t know exactly what you are saving for so what I do is to (1) set savings goals to motivate myself in every (2) financial decision that I make. Going to japan has always been my biggest dream but I’ve postponed so many times due to lack of money. I tried to keep money myself but I still (3) overspent and was out of money at the end of months. I asked my mom to keep money for me as she is better at controlling expense. She is like my accountant and helps me to(4) balance the expense. She also gives me advice whenever I go shopping to make sure it doesn’t (5)set me back . We have an agreement that whenever I (6) take away a sum of money, I have to save double that amount. This (7) works wonders with me as my saving goes up every month . Now I always ask myself whether it’s necessary to buy things or I can (8) save for a rainy day. After a while, I realize I’ve(9) set aside more money everyday . I buy things within my budget and don’t waste money for unnecessary things. This method of saving money makes me feel good about myself and I feel (10) financially secure
IELTS SPEAKING PART 3
PEOPLE VS MONEY
- What do you think about money?
Money can do many things, both good and bad. It allows us to have freedom and a wide variety of choices. Money gives us confidence and desire to work harder so we can have better life. You can decide where and how you want to live when you have a good income. When you do not have much money, your choice will be limited. However, (1) everything comes with a price. Having much money doesn’t mean people wont (2) run into problems. Most people fail to (3) strike a balance between earning and enjoying money so they work (4) day and night. They believe they’ll be happier if they have lots of money. However, for most people, such time never comes and they die unhappy and dissatisfied
2.Could human beings live without money?
It’s true that money isn’t the most important thing in this world but it’s (1) irreplaceable in our lives. If the world were a completely free place with no expenses and people could own anything they want without money, they would no longer go to work. There would be nothing as (2) motivation and people would work unproductively .Money stimulates people to (3) overcome obstacles so they can enjoy their achievements to the fullest. Besides, people who have money (4) have their own voice in society and it’s a strong encouragement for anyone
- In your opinion, why do many people derive pleasure from spending money?
Spending money is definitely the most satisfying feeling ever. People can buy things they’ve long waited for to (1)please themshelves. Buying something new will (2)make their day and (3)stimulates them to work harder. The money spent isn’t necessarily on oneself but also loved ones. It makes us feel good so we will spend more money the next time.
- Who do you think save more money,men or women?
Well, it’s hard to say. Men’s biggest risk is their (1) egos. They need to (2)brag about their (3) possessions and how much money they’ve earned , so they end up spending more money. Women tend to save money and spend it when they really need it. However, there are still (4)exceptions when women manage money worse than men. That’s why there is no strong proof to show men or women save more money
5. Which do you think is better for the economy of a country or area, people saving money or people spending money?
It’s such a tricky question. I guess for any economy, saving (1) is entwined with spending. When people buy things, they will contribute a (2)sum of money to the stores so they can pay salaries . The government also benefit from that as it’ll gain tax. If people save money, only the banks have advantage so they can invest or (3) set up new businesses. An ideal economy is when saving and spending balanced . It’s a rule for any economy in the world
- Do you think the government should let people know how it spends money?
Well, actually, I don’t really care about this issue. I think the government has its own reason to not (1) publicize everything. It can be (2) state secrets so the authority wants to (3) keep it private. However, If the government could (4) go public with the amount of money it spends, it would (5) gain trust from the public and assure them that their money is invested properly
YOUNG PEOPLE VS MONEY
- How can (or, how do) young people learn to manage their financial affairs?
From my point of view, young people should learn from their parents who have lots of experience with spending money. They will give the youngsters sound advice to (1) keep an eye on personal expenses . The young should plan short terms and long term (2) financial goals and review them (3) from time to time to manage personal finance well. They need to make sure their budgets cover their savings as well in case of any (4) unforeseen emergency
- Do you think it’s easy for (young) people to save money?
I think it’s all about motivation. When people have specific goals, they’ll find saving money easier. For instance, lots of youngsters are (1)working their way through university by doing some part-time jobs. They don’t feel like depending on their parents and wanting to (2)have less burden on family. They can save a small sum of money every month. Once young people keep that habit, they can have (3) considerable savings for their future
3. Do young people nowadays believe in saving money?
Well, I don’t really know. It depends on their (1) outlook, I guess. (2)Saving money up is a good idea in case undesirable problems happen. Developing the discipline to do it over a long period of time is what most people find difficult to do. That’s why not many young people (3)keep track with their monthly expense
KIDS AND MONEY
- Do you think parents should give pocket money to the kids?
I do agree with that. Giving (1) pocket money to children helps them start learning about money management. When children get pocket money, they have to make choices about spending or saving it. If they save up, they have to learn about waiting for things they want . Otherwise , kids who choose to spend are likely to use up all the money. After a few months, they’ll know how to (2) spend within their budget. Paying the children to do chores also makes them more hard-working. (3) Money doesn’t grow on trees so giving pocket money will teach the kids to appreciate it
2.Do parents in your country think it’s important for their children to save money?
Yes, they do. They always encourage the kids to (1) live within their means . They believe if the children save money , they will be more appreciate and use it wisely. When they set aside money, they will prepare better for the future. They may think saving isn’t necessary now since they are still young and lack of experience. Once they grow up, they ‘ll understand that it (2) makes good sense.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!