What do you do?
- Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Transportation with Band 9 Answers & Audio
- Band 9 Sample IELTS Speaking Part 1 Answers with Audio – Topic: Alone
- Band 9 Model Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2019 – Topic: Dream
- IELTS Speaking Topics & Questions – Full 3 Parts (Ebook)
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Saudi Arabia – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers
What are your responsibilities?
Why do you choose this job?
Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
Describe the company or organization you work for.
Do you enjoy your work?
What do you like/dislike about your job?
(Possibly)Do you miss being a student?
What are the advantages of having your own business rather than working for someone else?
What do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?
1.What do you do?
For the past few months I’ve been working for The Guardian as a news editor. In fact this is my first job ever, I’m working really hard to contribute to the success of this prestigious newspaper.
2. What are your responsibilities?
As a part-time editor, I am responsible for editing news related to different current affairs as well as collecting information for the newspaper edition.
3. Why did you choose to do that type of work (or, that job)?
I guess it’s mainly because of the job flexibility & my passion for journalism. To be more specific, this job offers me alternatives to the typical nine-to-five work schedule, enabling me to find a better balance between work and life. Besides, this job gives me opportunities to pursue my dream to become a journalist down the road.
Job flexibility (expression) gives employees flexibility on how long, where and when they work.
Nine-to-five work (phrase) the normal work schedule for most jobs
4. Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
At present I don’t think I’m able to dedicate myself to any other job rather than this one. In fact, to me it’s the experiences and opportunities I can gain that really matters.
To dedicate to Sth (v) devote (time or effort) to a particular task or purpose
5. Describe the company or organization you work for.
The Guardian is a National British daily newspaper which offers free access both to current news and an archive of three million stories. In April 2011, MediaWeek reported that The Guardian was the fifth most popular newspaper site in the world. I personally believe that the guardian is the inspirational workplace for all people who dream of becoming a journalist.
6. Do you enjoy your work?
Most of the time. Contributing to the news production for a world-class newspaper gives me a sense of satisfaction and pride.
World-class (adj) of or among the best in the world
7. What do you like/dislike about your job?
Well the perk of being a news editor is that you’ll surround yourself with inspiring news on a daily basis. What I don’t like about this job is that I have to do a thousand edits to get the final one to meet the requirement of my boss. Sometimes I feel a bit overloaded with tons of tasks.
Perk (n) an advantage or something extra that you are given because of your job
Overloaded (adj) to give excessive work, responsibility, or information to
9. (Possibly)Do you miss being a student?
I surely will miss my student life once I get involve in the workplace. For me I think when I’m a student, at least I have someone guide me, whereas at work mostly you must guide yourself. The academic environment appears to be a comfort zone for me, while I’m sure I’ll struggle with fitting in the working environment.
To get involve in (v) to become a part of (an organization)
To fit in (v) to become suitable or appropriate for Sth or SO
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!