IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic in 2018: Leisure Time & Model Answers
Q1: Do you have any hobbies?
Well, everyone has their own leisure pursuits, and mine is reading. The book I’m reading at the moment is The Godfather by renowned author Mario Puzo. It’s a classic, really, and I’d really recommend it.
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics (September – December 2017) – Latest Update
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Podcast 1: Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
Leisure pursuit (noun) hobby
Q2: Is it important to have a hobby?
Definitely! I mean nowadays life is getting more and more hectic, so people are constantly under an enormous amount of stress. That’s why it’s necessary to get into some recreational activities to unwind and just forget about life for a minute, you know?
Q3: Is it harmful to spend too much time on a hobby?
Yes, I believe spending excessive time on a hobby may have an adverse effect on people. You may end up having not enough time for your priorities like family or work. For example, it’s easy for me to lose myself in books and neglect the deadlines at work.
End up doing something (phrase) to be in a particular place or state after doing something or because of doing it
Q4: What free-time activities would you like to try in the future?
I would love to have a crack at extreme sports in the future, maybe ski-diving. It looks like a blast and I think I will get a real kick out of free falling from enormous heights.
Have a crack at (phrase) to try to do something although you are not certain that you will succeed
Blast (noun) a thrill
Get a real kick out of (doing) something (phrase) it means to enjoy something very much
Composed and edited by Dang Tran Tung, IELTS 9.0
Useful Tip for IELTS Speaking:
To lengthen your sentences, put it into a context. For example, you can say ” Well, you know, nowadays,…”. To be more specific:
1. Is it important to have a hobby?
– Without context: Yes, I think hobbies are a great way to unwind
– With context: You know, nowadays, life is very hectic and I find myself very busy with work, so it’s nice to have a hobby just to unwind in the off-hours.
- Will robots replace humans at work?
- Without context: Yes, I think robots will do all the tasks humans are doing now.
- With context: You know, nowadays automation is the trend in the workplace. Most heavy tasks can now be done by machines with ease, so yes, maybe we’ll be replaced by robots in the future.
You can get our IELTS speaking ebook titled “IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)” which covers all the latest IELTS Speaking Actual Tests in 2018 with Band 9.0 Model Answers to boost your IELTS score.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!