Courageous – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking and Writing
Courageous ( adjective ) /kə’reidʒəs/
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Meaning: possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching
Synonyms: brave, adventurous, fearless, gallant, undaunted
Antonyms: afraid, timid, craven, ignoble, dastard
For IELTS Speaking:
Where would our democracy be without courageous people willing to do that?
For IELTS Writing:
The coverage of courageous resistance of the people and police by TV channels reinforced the government’s efforts.
Keep an eye out for our daily post: Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing.
I hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Latest posts by Kristine Nguyen (see all)
- 12 useful idioms about Time to achieve IELTS Speaking band 8.0 - September 6, 2016
- Daily IELTS Reading Practice Test 22 - September 1, 2016
- IELTS Listening Practice Test 32 - August 31, 2016
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!