Word – Serendipity
Serendipity – Word of the day
the fact of finding interesting or valuable things by chance.
This was first coined in a letter written to someone called Horace. The word though comes from ‘Serendip’ which is an old name for Sri Lanka, but was taken from a literature work – ‘The Three Princes of Serendip’, in which three princes track down a missing camel through luck and good fortune.
- It’s believed that finding a four-leaf clover will bring serendipity and good luck.
- It was serendipity indeed when I saw him that evening, in a party!
- I found some money in my bag last month, while I was asking people for it, it was serendipity!
- Sometimes, I feel like my life is filled with serendipity and happy moments.
- The movie ‘Serendipity’ completely defines serendipity itself.