Part 1 Topics & Questions
Does it rain much in your country? (Where? When?)
I would say yes. It rains a lot in the summer when tropical storms strike our country. There is torrential rain in the region in June, July and August, and the rainfall tends to be higher in the North than in the South.
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Egypt – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – April 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Canada – April 2017 & Sample Answers
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics (February – May 2017) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in India – January 2017 & Sample Answers
Is there any part of your country where it doesn’t rain much?
To tell you the truth, I have no clue about this. I do not give a hoot about geography and the amount of rain in my country. I think the most rainfall is in the North where there is an intricate system of rivers.
Does it rain a lot in your hometown?
Well, it depends on the season. In winter and spring, there is a dearth of rain associated with the arid weather. In contrast, it is usually raining cats and dogs in summer and august, causing loads of troubles for people travelling on the road.
Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown?
That would be last summer. I was going to work and then all of a sudden it started to rain, followed by a deluge. I was soaked to the skin and couldn’t attend a very important meeting.
Does rain ever affect transportation in your hometown?
Yeah, of course. Traffic is often held up when it rains. All the roads are clogged, and people find it difficult to escape from traffic congestion. I would stay at home and watch TV rather than going out and being caught up in traffic.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Newspapers & Sample Essay - June 25, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 & Band 8.5 Discursive Essay - June 23, 2017
- IELTS Writing Test (Task 1, 2) in 2017 & Sample Answers - June 20, 2017