- 1 Advanced Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Advanced Learners of English
- 2 FAQs
Advanced Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Advanced Learners of English
“Advanced Grammar in Use”, a self-study reference and practice book by Martin Hewings is the advanced level (C1-C2) of the world’s favourite grammar series for learners of English and used by millions of people around the world. “Advanced Grammar in Use Third Edition” is an updated version of Martin Hewings’ best-selling grammar book.
With clear examples and easy-to-follow exercises, it covers all the areas of the grammar needed at this level. Now in full colour and with updated content, the third edition still retains its simplicity, clarity, and ease-of-use that has made the book so popular among learners and teachers. Designed to be flexible, this edition is available both with and without answers, making it ideal for self-study, but also suitable for reinforcement work in the classroom.
This book has helped a lot of learners to improve their English communication skills including those who are self-studying as it provides a clear explanation about the topics that usually appear in the IELTS exam along with practice exercises that can help you score high band.
Key Features :
- Contains 120 units of grammar explanation and practice exercises.
- Retains the clarity of the presentation of other books in the ‘in use’ family. Two-page units present grammar explanations and examples, including typical student mistakes, on left-hand pages, and useful and varied practise on right-hand pages.
- Updated page design, making the tried-and-trusted content even more accessible.
- Extra practice exercises at the back provide even more challenging practise of grammar points from different units.
- Useful appendices dealing with verb forms, a glossary and all answers are given at the back.
Buy from Amazon
Check for more IELTS Books
Is grammar important in IELTS?
Yes, definitely! Grammar is one of the marking criteria considered in all the four skills, reading, writing, listening and speaking. Learning grammar will also help you understand the language better.
What are the best tips to prepare for the IELTS eam?
The best tips for practising for IELTS are:
1. Read more content in English
2. Try to speak and have conversations in English more often.
3. Learn new vocabulary
4. Work on your writing skills
5. Practice pronunciation and speaking fluently
What is the basic English Grammar?
Basic grammar is the structure of words, phrases, clauses and sentences while communicating in English. The main aspects of grammar include nouns (people, animals, places, or things), tenses (past, present and future) and the active and passive voices.
What are the best tips to improve my grammar?
1. Get a grammar manual or a book on language grammar.
2. Watch video content, like movies or tv series that are in English.
3. Listen to podcasts or ebooks in English.
4. Read content like newspapers, books or magazines in English.