1. How long can you remember your dream when you wake up?
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in the UAE – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Dream with Model Answers
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
Well, when it comes to nightmares, I usually wake up in the middle of the night in a state of terror for a few minutes, then fall back asleep, forgetting the dream. On the other hand, if I have a vivid (detailed) dream that leaves an impression on me, I could quite possibly remember it for a long time, even a lifetime (entire life).
2. Do you like hearing about others’ dream?
Yes I do. I find it quite interesting. As I have a lot of weird dreams myself, I enjoy listening to those of others. By hearing about their dreams, I feel that I can gain a greater insight (deep understanding) into their subconscious. On a lighter note, it’s simply just humorous!
3. Do you think dream will affect life?
Definitely not. I do not believe that dreams mean anything significant. I think that they are simply a manifestation (showing) of our subconscious worries, thoughts, fears, desires, etc. For example, if I’m worried about my job, I may have a nightmare about it. All in all, they aren’t a sign of what’s to come in the future.
4. Do you often have dreams at night?
Always. I am a heavy dreamer. I have had many vivid, impressionable (unforgettable) dreams in my lifetime that I will never forget. I would say I have these kind of dreams a few times a week, sometimes even every night depending on how busy my mind is at that particular moment in time.
5. Have you had a bad dream before?
Countless times! I would say I have a disturbing nightmare a few times a month ever since I was a child. I was even notorious (famous) for going into my parents’ room during the night to ask to sleep with them after a bad dream. I’ve found that I especially tend to have nightmares after hearing a disturbing story or watching a gory (bloody) or violent, TV show, or movie close to bedtime. Moreover, I tend to have an overactive mind and imagination, which I believe could be a factor as well.
6. What was the strangest dream you have had?
It’s hard to choose just one! But let me see. Well, once when I was anxious about to go away to college and furthermore what kind of random roommate I would have, I dreamt that when I got to college, a giant human-sized tarantula was my roommate! Although I dreamt this 8 years ago now, it still feels like yesterday (doesn’t feel like a long time ago)!
7. What do you usually dream about?
I would say I mostly dream about my subconscious thoughts and worries. For example, I often feel anxious about my job, so I dream up crazy scenarios, such as going into a board meeting (a work meeting) completely naked. Moreover, I tend to dream about my partner often. Since I’m a bit of the jealous type, I often dream that he will have an affair (to be unfaithful to your partner).
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!