1. How long can you remember your dream when you wake up?
- 100 IELTS Speaking Topics Part 1 2019 & Suggested Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Dream with Model Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in the UAE – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Sample – Topic: Reading
- 47 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics for IELTS Exam (May – August, 2016) & Band 8.0+ Model Answers
Well, when it comes to nightmares, I usually wake up in the middle of the night in a state of terror for a few minutes, then fall back asleep, forgetting the dream. On the other hand, if I have a vivid (detailed) dream that leaves an impression on me, I could quite possibly remember it for a long time, even a lifetime (entire life).
2. Do you like hearing about others’ dream?
Yes I do. I find it quite interesting. As I have a lot of weird dreams myself, I enjoy listening to those of others. By hearing about their dreams, I feel that I can gain a greater insight (deep understanding) into their subconscious. On a lighter note, it’s simply just humorous!
3. Do you think dream will affect life?
Definitely not. I do not believe that dreams mean anything significant. I think that they are simply a manifestation (showing) of our subconscious worries, thoughts, fears, desires, etc. For example, if I’m worried about my job, I may have a nightmare about it. All in all, they aren’t a sign of what’s to come in the future.
4. Do you often have dreams at night?
Always. I am a heavy dreamer. I have had many vivid, impressionable (unforgettable) dreams in my lifetime that I will never forget. I would say I have these kind of dreams a few times a week, sometimes even every night depending on how busy my mind is at that particular moment in time.
5. Have you had a bad dream before?
Countless times! I would say I have a disturbing nightmare a few times a month ever since I was a child. I was even notorious (famous) for going into my parents’ room during the night to ask to sleep with them after a bad dream. I’ve found that I especially tend to have nightmares after hearing a disturbing story or watching a gory (bloody) or violent, TV show, or movie close to bedtime. Moreover, I tend to have an overactive mind and imagination, which I believe could be a factor as well.
6. What was the strangest dream you have had?
It’s hard to choose just one! But let me see. Well, once when I was anxious about to go away to college and furthermore what kind of random roommate I would have, I dreamt that when I got to college, a giant human-sized tarantula was my roommate! Although I dreamt this 8 years ago now, it still feels like yesterday (doesn’t feel like a long time ago)!
7. What do you usually dream about?
I would say I mostly dream about my subconscious thoughts and worries. For example, I often feel anxious about my job, so I dream up crazy scenarios, such as going into a board meeting (a work meeting) completely naked. Moreover, I tend to dream about my partner often. Since I’m a bit of the jealous type, I often dream that he will have an affair (to be unfaithful to your partner).