IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Cooking
1. Do you like cooking?
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Shopping/ Customer services & Band 8 Sample
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Learning & Band 8 Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Photography
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Hometown
Moderately! Since I’m a vegetarian in a town with few options, it’s critical for me to cook for myself. I wouldn’t say that I love it, but it is growing on me (starting to like). I feel accomplished when my own concoctions turn out well!
2. How often do you cook?
Pretty much everyday. Since I’m a busy bee (busy person), I usually prepare meals for the week on Sunday afternoons. For example, I prep some tofu, beans, and rice then just heat them up with some stir-fried vegetables throughout the week.
3. How good are you at cooking?/ What dish are you best at cooking?
I would consider myself to be average. I’ve mastered some dishes, but could still use work (need to practice) on others. For example, I’m quite good at preparing vegetable curry and falafel. That it what I usually prepare when I have guests.
4. What cooking experience have you had?
Not too much actually; it’s been self-created. My family had a housekeeper when I was a child so I never learned from her or my parents. As I got older, I started to look up more recipes online from sites like Tasty and then tried them out on my own. It’s been trial and error (learning by trying and failing!
5. Does anyone in your family like to cook?
Not really. I can remember that my grandmother enjoyed entertaining and preparing food for family and friends. I distinctly remember her corned beef and cabbage. However, she died when I was quite young along with that tradition.
6. Who taught you how to cook?
No one really, considering my family members do not cook and I didn’t have a close relationship with the housekeeper. So, I taught myself thanks to facebook and online pages with video tutorials like Tasty.
7. When you were a child, did you ever help your parents to prepare a meal?
Very rarely. There were a few incidences in which our housekeeper could not make it, so then my parents would cook for us. I can only recall one time that I helped them stuff dumplings before boiling them.
8. Do you want to learn how to cook?
Yes I do! I want to keep improving the skills that I have. Moreover, I want to learn how to prepare Chinese style dumplings and Polish pirogies, which are among my favorite foods.
9. Who usually do the cooking in your home?
As I live alone, now just me. I eat at home nearly everyday and often invite my friends over for meals on weekends.
10. Who is the best cook you know?
My ex boyfriend. He had magic hands! Everything he cooked was packed with (full of) flavor and never missing anything. I was lucky to have been with him for 4 years!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country - June 8, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music - May 30, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes - May 30, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!