- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules
- Cambridge IELTS 14 Academic with Answers (Ebook & Audio)
- IELTS Speaking Topics & Questions – Full 3 Parts (Ebook)
- The Key To IELTS Success by Pauline Cullen (Ebook)
- Rate this book
By Rosanna Tarsiero
The book comes with 1 CD-ROM and is for students at intermediate level or above. There exists in two versions, Academic module (this one) and General module.
If you are a planner, and think that a very good strategy is 80-85% of success, this is definitely your book! In the case of IELTS, this is even more important because during the actual exams time constraints literally push your performance to drag... so it's vital to have a strategy that addresses this issue. Knowing stuff but not knowing how to strategize through answers just doesn't cut it!
For each and every one of the 4 parts (Listening, Academic Reading, Academic Writing, Speaking), the authors explain the kind of questions/tasks you might find in the test. For each and every kind of question, you are presented with a brief discussion and a step-by-step strategy. After that, you get to try the task once.
After trying every kind of question you might stumble into during the test, you'll know what you find most difficult, and you'll be able to do the rest through the help of another publication.
This book might not work for you if you need to learn by example, if you need pictures and visual aids, and if you aren't a planner.
By Kofi Adasi
It is resourceful especially for students who speak English as a second language and are in their final preparation stages for taking the IELTS exam. One flaw though is this: the book makes reference to a CD-Rom which is required for the Listening component of the test, but this CD-Rom is not included.
By Real Heart
I like this book, because it's have a great ideas to understand IELTS test , but this book with out CD for listening section. I don't like this thing, So three stars is okay for this book
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!