Photograph – Cue Cards
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
Photographs are an essential part of our lives as they help us preserve diverse memories at different points in our lives. As a result, ‘Photograph’ is one of the most recurrent topics asked in the IELTS exam. Earlier, people used to take photographs using cameras. But, now, taking selfies and portraits or landscapes on cell phones has become popular among all age groups.
You should be well aware of the possible questions that you might face in your cue cards. Some common subtopics or pointers that might be mentioned on your cue cards based on the topic ‘Photographs’ are:
- What is your most favorite photograph?
- Describe a photograph that you feel special about.
- Describe the time when you clicked an amazing photograph.
- Talk about the photograph of your childhood that you still have.
- Talk about the photograph that you don’t like.
Likewise, there could be many such implicit topics and the list can go on and on. However, coming to the crux of the flux, let’s see how you should approach such topics.
You must be aware that you have only a minute to prepare for the Speaking task after you are handed over your cue card. In that case, always remember, to first of all, go through the subtopics of a particular cue card. For instance, What photograph is that, what’s a specific feature of that photograph, etc. Therefore, try to incorporate a story/narrative around those points and don’t miss to cover them all in your discourse. This narrative can be a personal experience or an imaginary account.
Some vocabularies and phrases that you can use while talking about a photograph-
|Go down the memory lane|
|A peep into the past|
|Felt a punch of nostalgia|
|Entranced with the captured memory|
This way, you can always try to adorn and embellish your narrative to ensure that you have a sound grasp of the English language and can use it conveniently.
Now, we will see some of the topics of the cue cards pertaining to Photograph/ photography that will give you a fair understanding of the topic.
Given below are a list of often-repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Photograph
- Describe a Photo of Yourself that You Like
- Describe a Photograph that Has a lot of Memories of Yours
- Describe a Photograph you Like
- Describe a Photo or Painting you took or Drawn Yourself
- Describe a picture or photograph in your home
Explore Other Cue Cards