High-scoring IELTS Writing Model Answers (based on past papers) has the following important features:
1. Selected IELTS actual tests
This book has 79 test questions in total, carefully selected from nearly 100 actual test questions to represent test trends and the accurate level of difficulty in recent years.The selected questions cover all topic areas of the IELTS Writing Module. In respect of argumentative essays, for instance, this book includes a wide variety of topics such as culture, education, science and technology, social issues, and environment. As for Academic graph essays, samples of each type arc provided with full guidance of graph reading and language use. For General Training letters, readers can find a wide range of samples, from formal letters of complaint/suggestion to informal letters of friendship.
2. Model essays from experienced teachers.
All model essays in this book were written by our most experienced teachers, who have been teaching and researching IELTS for years. For the benefits of students, all these essays employ simple language and familiar structures so that they could really serve as models for the common candidates. However, most of these essays – varying between 200 and 300 words in length – are compendious and meet the highest requirements of the testin terms of both language and idea development. Considering rating standards, the)’ all meet the highest band scores.3. Strategy transfer. The appendices list all IELTS Writing test questions from 2007 to 2009 according to topic areas. The IELTS Writing task strategies are largely determined by the topics;once you have a good grasp of a certain type of topic and know how to develop your arguments, you can tackle similar questions of the same topic. It is recommended that students pick up additional test questions and try to apply what they find useful and interesting from the 79 model essays. In this way, they can actively apply the vocabulary, structures and the development of ideas shown in those model essays and firmly make them become part of their language competency.
4. Practical sentence structures
Following each model essay, there is an explanation of selected vocabulary and structures. The items chosen to be explained are not necessarily “new” or “difficult”; instead, these are considered to be practical and most effective in tackling specific IELTS Writing tasks. Many candidates blame their poor vocabulary for difficulty in improving their writing results. However, that is only part of the problem: what the IELTS Writing test aims to test you is not “how many words you know” but “how well you can use the words you already know”. Therefore, in this section, there are some words that look simple, yet we recommend that you study the explanation carefully and read examples to thoroughly understand their usage. You will find that knowing how to use words effectively in context is one of the best ways to enhance your writing ability in general and IELTS Writing in particular.
It is our hope that High-scoring IELTS Writing Model Answers (based on past papers) will be your great help to achieve your objective score in the shortest time possible.
DOWNLOAD “HIGH-SCORING IELTS WRITING MODEL ANSWERS”
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!