“IELTS Advantage: Writing Skills” written by is a fully comprehensive resource designed for IELTS learners who want to achieve a grade of 7.0 or higher in the Writing section of the Academic IELTS test.
Students are guided step-by-step through the different tasks in the writing module, using material developed in the classroom, by authors with many years’ experience in helping hundreds of IELTS candidates achieve a high IELTS score. “IELTS Advantage: Writing Skills”: shows students how to organise and structure an answer for all types of task 1 and 2 questions; contains a model essay in each unit, showing students exactly what is required; contains a general interest article in each unit, developing ideas and vocabulary for a common topic in the exam; quickly develops students’ fluency and confidence in producing pieces of writing through a focus on academic vocabulary and collocations; and, contains grammar exercises in each unit, showing students how to apply a wide range of grammar items in their IELTS writing.
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules
- Cambridge IELTS 14 Academic with Answers (Ebook & Audio)
- IELTS Speaking Topics & Questions – Full 3 Parts (Ebook)
- The Key To IELTS Success by Pauline Cullen (Ebook)
About the book
IELTS examiners are looking for four different things, and the book is designed to help you
in each of these areas:
• Grammar: Accurate grammar and a rich variety of complex structures (for example conditionals, relative clauses, noun phrases).
• Vocabulary: A good command of academic vocabulary (including academic words, collocations,etc).
• Organization: Clear, easy-to-follow & well-organized paragraphs.
• Ideas and arguments: Well-developed ideas which can answer the question fully and express a clear viewpoint.
1. Organization of the book: This book includes 9 units in which Units 1-6 focus on academic essays in IELTS Writing Task 2 and Units 7 – 9 cover IELTS Writing Task 1 (Lines, Graph, Table, Diagram, etc).
• Units 1 – 4 cover advantages and disadvantages essays.
• Units 2 and 5 look at problem and solution essays.
• Units 3 and 6 involve in opinion essays.
• Unit 7 shows you how to write about graphs with a trend (changes over time).
• Unit 8 looks at how to describe graphs and charts where you have to compare data.
• Unit 9 describes how to write about processes and maps.
Each unit is built around two texts: an introductory text, which includes useful grammar, ideas and vocabulary, and a model essay, which guides you as you write. The units build on each other, so when you study opinion essays, for example, we advise you to study Unit 3 first, and then Unit 6.
2. Interesting texts: The book contains a range of texts in different styles such as articles, latest news, etc so that you can feel enjoyable when learn it.
3. IELTS grammar exercises: Each unit has grammar exercises with an aim to helping you
practice grammar rules to your writing. The grammar items are selected thoroughly to be the most useful and relevant to the IELTS Writing test.
4. This book provides you with Academic vocabulary for writing which is
distinctly different from general English in daily conservation and exercises so that you can apply in the IELTS Writing test.
5. One of the most key factors to get a 7.0 or higher in the IELTS writing is to know how to utilize Collocations (words which commonly go together) to help you quickly improve your written academic vocabulary.
6. Model essays/answers: For each topic and unit in this book, you can find Band 8.0+ model answers which acts as a guidance about how to write your essays.
7. Exam skills & tips: Each unit includes exercises and tips such as how to write an introduction, conclusion or good paragraph to help you develop your IELTS writing skills for the IELTS exam.
8. Check and challenge: At the end of each unit, you have the chance to revise the
language you have studied, and to extend your language with extra challenges.
The IELTS scoring system
IELTS score ranges from Band 1 to Band 9. If somebody score a 9.0, they are at native- speaker level, but in fact many native speakers fail to achieve a 9.0, so be realistic!
How to get it?
You can download Ielts Advantage: Writing Skills on IELTS Material website or buy it on Amazon website. It’s definitely worth your money.
We are sure that you will enjoy Ielts Advantage: Writing Skills and wish you all the best with your IELTS studies.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!