Describe a leader in your country whom you like – IELTS Cue Card
Describe a leader in your country whom you like
You should say:
- who is he/she
- what he/she does for others
- what leadership quality he/she has
- and explain why you like him/her
A leader is an inspirational charm for society. Legendary and visionary leaders define the fortune of a country. Here, I’d like to talk about my favourite leader, he’s a role model to everyone and is more than ‘just’ a leader! He is none other than Dr Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, the missile man of India. Initially, he was a great scientist, after which he became the 11th president of India. He had contributed a lot to India’s development, and he was a part of the Indian Space and Research organization. He has also been honoured with the highest civilization awards for his dedication and hard work. After completing his tenure as the president, he became a professor and encouraged children to dream big, to have a goal and achieve it. By reading his book “Wings of fire”, I understood that he was a very down-to-earth person with a reservoir of knowledge. He believed that education is the key to the progress of a nation. He has inspired the young generation of India through his life, career, and works. He lived as an example of hard work, resilience and a positive attitude. In my view, he taught us how honesty is the easiest thing we can practise in order to be happy, successful and fulfilled.
- Meaning: providing or showing creative or spiritual inspiration
Eg: The inspirational show gained a huge TRP rating.
- Meaning: well-known and famous
Eg: The legendary cricketer announced his retirement.
- Meaning: give (something, especially money) to help achieve or provide something.
Eg: The company contributed half a million dollars for the construction of the new building.
- Meaning: being the legal owner of the land, a job, or an official public position, or the period during which you own it:
Eg: During his tenure as chief minister, he helped the poor people by introducing various schemes.
- Meaning: the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness
Eg: The older man had the resilience to overcome the challenges and build an empire of wealth.
Also check :