Anybody who wishes to take the IELTS test, but during this unfortunate time, for some reason or the other cannot go to the test centre, there is now another option made available. IELTS Partners have launched the IELTS Indicator, a new online test to assist students who are somehow impacted by the restrictions due to COVID-19. IELTS Indicator is the IELTS exam, only taken online and live on an allocated time and duration.
The IELTS Indicator is designed to be similar to a regular IELTS test in assessing a student’s English language skills in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking from the comfort of their home. To ensure the same high-quality standards as the regular tests, the format will be the same, except the Speaking test which will be conducted face to face with an IELTS trainer but via video call.
This IELTS Indicator test will not be available everywhere yet, except for locations with strict restrictions that’ll make it difficult to commute to the test centre. And in these locations, where IELTS Indicator is made available, the test will be taken online once a week at scheduled times. The bookings for this will start on April 22nd, 2020.
The IELTS Indicator test scores will be released within 7 days of the test, and although the IELTS Indicator is an official product of the IELTS itself, it is important to remember that it isn’t a direct substitute for the regular IELTS test, so you may still need to take an in-person IELTS test at a test centre, once testing resumes if your university requires it then.
Misconceptions about IELTS indicator:
There is a misconception that IELTS indicator can be used for immigration purposes. But, it is not correct. IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only and has not been developed for immigration purposes. So the term “IELTS indicator for canada immigration” is invalid.
- 1 Benefits of IELTS Indicator
- 2 How does it work?
- 3 IELTS Indicator Cancellation
- 4 IELTS Indicator Test Results
- 5 IELTS Indicator for Canada
- 6 IELTS Indicator for Australia
- 7 IELTS Indicator for the UK
Benefits of IELTS Indicator
There are a number of benefits that the IELTS Indicator brings for the test-taker.
- As it’s an online test, you can take it safely and in the comfort of your own home.
- The test happens weekly at a fixed time.
- Since it’s an official IELTS product, universities will trust it to give an idea regarding the test-takers language skills.
How does it work?
The IELTS Indicator is a product of the IELTS itself and is taken online and live on a pre-scheduled time and duration. It is designed to assess a test taker’s English language skills in the 4 factors, namely, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The Speaking test will be conducted via a video call with an IELTS trainer on the other end. The test is only developed for those migrating for education.
Required criteria to take the test
The certain things you would require for writing the test, are given below
- You should be 16 years of age or older. Those under 16 will not be allowed to sit for the test. And test-takers who’re 16 or 17, should have a signed consent form from their parent/ guardian, and the guardian should be present with them during the Speaking Test.
- A quiet place without any disturbances.
- A desktop computer or a laptop (you cannot take the test on your mobile).
- The computer should have a web camera and a microphone on it.
- Headphones or speakers connected to your computer, for the Listening and Speaking Test.
- Zoom application downloaded on your computer.
- A stable and reliable internet connection.
- Keep your passport or another ID document with you during the Speaking Test.
Things to know before booking for the IELTS Indicator test
Key information regarding registering for IELTS Indicator
- The payment will have to be done in US$ ($149)
- Payments can be done through, local or international credit/ debit cards
- It is advisable to contact your bank before making the payment through a locally issued debit card.
- Payment through Google Pay and Apple Pay are also accepted
IELTS Indicator Cancellation
After booking the test, if for some reason, you wish to transfer the date or cancel the registration, you will have to submit a minor consent form or ask for technical support by filling an online application form for the same.
You may cancel your test up to 4 working days before the ielts test date to receive a full refund amount.
But if you cancel your test, 3 working days or less before your test date, then you’ll only receive a 75% refund of the total amount.
And if you cancel it on the test day, then no refund amount will be provided.
IELTS Indicator Test Results
IELTS indicator score:
If you’re done with the IELTS Indicator, then the test scores will get posted within 7 days since the test date.
NOTE: You should also remember that this test isn’t a direct substitute for the regular IELTS test, so depending on the university you’re planning to apply at, they may require the regular IELTS test results, once testing at the test centres resume.
IELTS Indicator for Canada
Although IELTS Indicator test isn’t available everywhere yet, as of now it is available in Canada and is accepted by many universities in Canada as well, so make sure to check if your university accepts the same. And although it may be accepted, some universities may still require you to take an in-person IELTS test once the testing resumes.
IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only, so it cannot be used for immigration purposes.
The fee for the IELTS Indicator test is $ 149 USD including tax. Both local and international issued credit and debit cards will be accepted including VISA, Master Card, JCB, Diners International, Discover, and American Express. Other modes of payment like Apple Pay and Google Pay will also be accepted.
IELTS Indicator for Australia
The IELTS Indicator test isn’t available everywhere yet so it isn’t being conducted in Australia as of now but it is being accepted by many universities in Australia. So students who wish to write their IELTS with the purpose of pursuing further studies in Australia can do so. Make sure to check if your university is accepting it.
IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only, so it cannot be used for the purpose of migrating/ job hunting.
IELTS Indicator for the UK
Although the IELTS Indicator test isn’t available everywhere yet, as of now it is available in the UK and is accepted by many universities in the UK as well, so make sure to check if your university accepts the same. And although it may be accepted, some universities may still require you to take an in-person IELTS test once the testing resumes.
IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only, so it cannot be used to apply for a UK Visa (UKVI)