IELTS Reading Actual Test series is one of the “must-have IELTS books” for all IELTS candidates. It contains the authentic IELTS reading tests from IDP and British Council from 2006 – 2015.
Each book in IELTS Reading Actual Recent Test series has 6-8 reading tests.
The last part of the book consists of answer keys, to help students easily track their results and polish up on their reading skills.
IELTS Reading Actual Test Volume 4 (the latest edition) was published in July 2015. It includes 6 authentic reading tests from 2011 – 2015.
There are 6 tests altogether and all 6 tests have 3 topics each. The ‘IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Volume 4’ provides you with the best resources to help prepare you for the IELTS test. Sample topics are given below, which you can use to prepare and practice for the IELTS reading test. A sample passage is also given so that it will be easy for you to solve the other passages.
- The impact of the potato
- Ancient Chinese Chariots
- Stealth Forces in Weigh Loss
- Andrea Palladio: Italian Architect
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Significant Role of Mother Tongue in Education
- Voyage of Going: Beyond the Blue Line 2
- Does IQ Test Prove Creativity?
- Monkeys and Forests
- T-rex: Hunter or Scavenger?
- Leaf-cutting Ants and Fungus
- Honey Bees in Trouble
- Ants Could Teach Ants
- The Development of Plastics
- Global Warming in New Zealand
- Computer games for Preschoolers: Nintendo’s Research and Design Process
- The History of the Pencil
- Motivating Drives
Reading Passage 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1 – 13, which are based on Reading Passage 1