This book is for students preparing for the Reading Test in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (CELTS), which is administered by the British Council, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) and IELTS Australia.
The book contains ten practice Reading Tests and a Key. Each Test contains three reading passages which cover a rich variety of topics and give a lots of practice for a wide range of question types used in the IELTS exam.
All the articles in this publication except for two were specially commissioned.
The book may be used as a supplement to A Book for IELTS by McCarter, Easton & Ash, as a supplement to a course book or for self-study.
So that you may repeat the exercises in this book, we would advise you to avoid marking the text.
About the Authors
Sam McCarter is a lecturer in academic and medical English at Southwark College, where he organises IBLTS courses for overseas doctors and other health personnel, and courses in medical English, including preparation for the OSCE component of the PLAB.
Sam McCarter is also the creator and organiser of the Nuffield Self-access Language Project for Overseas Doctors and is a free-lance consultant in medical English, specialising in tropical medicine.
Sam McCarter is co-author of A book for IELTS, the author of a book on writing, BPP English for FLAB and Nuffield Stress Tests for PLAB. He has also co-authored several other publications and edited a range of health publications.
Judith Ash is a former lecturer in academic and medical English at Southwark College. She now writes freelance and is working on distance learning programmes for IELTS and a series of IELTS books.
Judith Ash is co-author of A book for IELTS.
Future Publications by IntelliGene:
IntelliGene will be publishing a series of practice books for IELTS by Sam McCarter and Judith Ash. The next two books in the series will be on writing and listening.
IntelliGene will be publishing a major book on communication skills in medicine by Sam McCarter and a new book on writing skills.
Free download here: Download Ebook Mirror 1
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!