IELTS Score Report – Details on Test Report Form
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 1 What do you mean by Test Report Form (TRF)?
- 2 How to send the IELTS score report to different institutions?
- 3 What is an Additional Test Report Form (ATRF)?
- 4 Is there any cost to send TRFs or ATRFs to different institutions?
While preparing for the IELTS is challenging for many aspirants, waiting for the result is equally nerve-wracking. Some candidates also enquire about the IELTS result to know how they will receive it, how they can send it to the required institutions, the costs related to it, etc. So, in this article, we will discuss different aspects of the Test Report Form, which is the IELTS score report.
What do you mean by Test Report Form (TRF)?
Test Report Form, or TRF, is the printed copy of your IELTS result. Only one copy of the TRF is issued for each IELTS candidate. The validity of the TRF is two years. To ensure that the TRF is not fake, it comes with an affixed photo and unique identification technology.
In some cases, candidates receive two copies of the TRF. They are:
- He/she is sending an application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), or
- He/she is applying to the United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA).
In both these cases, the candidate has to submit evidence of an application to the CIC or the UKBA.
Types of Test Report Form
In general, there are two kinds of test reports:
Personal Test Report Form
The Personal Test Report Form is the IELTS score report that is sent to the candidate. It consists of the score of the four modules – listening, reading, writing and speaking – and the overall score. It will be sent to the student through courier or speed post. As soon as the package is ready for delivery, students receive the tracking number through SMS. From the day of the result announcement, it may take up to 10 days to obtain the results.
A sample of the TRF is given below.
Institutional Test Report Form
Institutional Test Report Form is the copy of the TRF that students can apply for when registering for the IELTS exam. They are meant to be submitted to up to five institutions or universities. Apart from that, the candidate can apply for more copies of the IELTS score report, for which they will have to apply for ATRFs, which has been discussed below.
How to send the IELTS score report to different institutions?
Every institution needs an original copy of the Test Report Form and they will not accept a duplicate or xerox copy of the score report. So, the candidate should request five additional copies of the TRF when registering for the exam or after they check the result themselves.
These copies will be sent directly to the institution or university and so the test-taker has to provide the correct address of the university, immigration office, or other institution that he/she is applying to within two years of taking the test.
Candidates must ask their IELTS test center to submit a copy via airmail at additional expense if a university that they have applied to requests for a paper copy of the TRF.
What is an Additional Test Report Form (ATRF)?
If the candidate requires more than the five TRFs that he/she has requested during registration, they need to apply for Additional Test Report Forms or ATRFs. One has to pay an administrative fee when one applies for ATRFs.
Is there any cost to send TRFs or ATRFs to different institutions?
The first five copies of the TRF will be free of cost. But if you want to submit your result to more than five institutions, you can also ask for extra TRFs (ATRFs) more than a month after taking the test.
Here’s what you’ll be paying for sending your TRFs:
- Sending them by Post (Airmail): Sending an additional TRF to each university will cost you INR 400. Each form must be delivered successfully; this is not the responsibility of the British Council or IDP. IELTSMaterial experts do not recommend this option.
- Sending them by courier: You must pay INR 1500 to courier each ATRF. You will be given a tracking number after a form is sent, allowing you to keep track of the report at all times.
- Sending them electronically: If you select the electronic mode, the first five TRFs can be sent without cost. Every additional TRF(ATRF) you apply for after that will cost you INR 250. This is the best option.
You can check the websites of the institutions you want to attend to learn how your TRF score is accepted there.
If you need more information regarding IELTS and related topics or want to seek our experts’ help for IELTS preparation, you can book a free demo and talk to one of our IELTS professionals.