Check out Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in 2018. For Band 9.0 Model Answers for all Part 1, 2, 3 topics in 2018, you can take a look at IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers (Ebook)
IELTS Speaking Part 1
– What is your full name?
- IELTS General Speaking Test in Philippines – Feb 2018
- IELTS Speaking Test in the United Arab Emirates – January 2018 & Sample Answers
- IELTS SPEAKING PRACTICE TEST 41 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWERS
- IELTS Speaking Test in the UK – March 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking test in Saudi Arabia – March 2018 & Sample Answers
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe your hometown
My hometown is both traditional and modern. On the one hand, tradition is preserved by a number of festivals celebrated by local people, and the locals and authorities preserve the historical sites for tourism and education. On the other hand, a whole lot of high-rise buildings as residential places or shopping malls are built, which turns our little hometown into a worth-living place.
– How long have you been living there?
I had lived there around 15 years before my family left for [ABC city]. It’s more than ten years since the day I left my hometown, but it is indeed a good memory of my childhood.
– Has your hometown changed much since you were a child?
Actually yes. It has changed enormously. 20 years ago I could barely find tall building around my area, but now I can easily catch sight of skyscrapers and tower blocks there.
– Does it rain much in your country? (Where? When?)
Well, it depends on the season. In winter and spring, there is a dearth of rain associated with the arid weather. In contrast, it is usually raining cats and dogs in summer and august, causing loads of troubles for people travelling on the road.
– Have you ever been caught in the rain without a coat or umbrella?
Yes, in rainy seasons the rains come really suddenly. And I’m a careless person who always forget to bring along an umbrella or raincoat when going outside. So, I usually end up getting stuck under a random canopy waiting for the rain to stop.
– Do you think that rain affects people’s mood?
Yes, personally I am negatively affected by rain, especially when it rains consistently for weeks as it has been recently in my city. Meanwhile, I would agree that exposure to the sun can make most people feel happier and more energised.
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a thing that you purchased recently. You should say:
– What it was
– What it looks like
– How you bought it
And explain how you felt about it.
Band 8+ Model Answer
I would like to talk about an item that I purchased two weeks ago. It was a motorbike which, you know, is the dominant means of transport in my country.
I used to go to work by bus and it typically took me an hour to commute from my house to my office. It was cost-saving but not convenient & really time-consuming for me to get around and sometimes I ended up having no seat on a crowded bus, so my mom suggested that I should buy a motorbike. That was what I did.
When it comes to stuff like this, I’m just a big kid, so I asked my brother to accompany me. We went to a pretty big dealer near my house and the staff took me around to have a look at the latest models for girls with different color options.
After giving it some thought, I decided to go for a blue motorbike because blue has always been my favorite color. I fell in love with it at first sight because it looks really cool and it’s not too big so I wouldn’t have any problem handling it. Taking the price into consideration, I also thought it was the best option for me at that time. After waiting for two hours, I had the motorbike ready to use. And then I had to wait one more week for the paperwork to be delivered to me before being allowed to actually use it on the road.
Dominant (adj) prevalent, popular
Commute (v) travel some distance between one’s home and place of work on a regular basis
Cost-saving (adj) serving to reduce expenses, especially in business
Time-consuming (adj) something that is time-consuming takes a long time to do
End up (v) to be in a particular state after doing something or because of doing it
When it comes to (doing) something (phrase) speaking about something
Give something some thought (phrase) to think carefully about something
Take something into consideration (phrase) to think carefully about something
IELTS Speaking Part 3
What would you do if you bought something disappointing from the internet?
Well, I used to buy a shirt for my brother as a surprise for his birthday. Actually, it looked really nice in the photos- predominantly blue with green, yellow. I waited all day long for it to come and when it did, well, it turned out to be very dark and mainly brown. So I had to write a complaint letter to ask the seller for a refund and I put a review on their website to warn other buyers of this issue.
Why is online shopping so popular these days?
As far as I know, consumers flock to the internet to make purchases due to some reasons. One main reason is that instead of squandering time on going to the stores or shopping malls & looking for the desired products, they just need to go online & type the name of the products to make comparisons between the prices & the various places that they can potentially buy from. Furthermore, it has become a much easier way to shop considering that it doesn’t even require people to leave their houses. It also means that they can avoid long lines and crowds. However, there are many who still feel that the traditional way of shopping is truly a good experience, although online shopping is getting more and more popular.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!