IELTS Speaking: Your favourite TV programme – Cue Card Sample 59
- 1 IELTS Speaking Cue Card 59
- 2 Describe a TV program that inspires you a lot.
IELTS Speaking Cue Card 59
Describe a TV program that inspires you a lot.
You should say :
- What type of program it is?
- What is it about?
- How often you watch it?
- Is it popular in your country?
Band 8.0+ Sample Answer
Well, I guess I could start off by pointing something about the type of the program. Actually , nowadays, I don’t watch television that often but I used to be a couch potato in my high school years. I remember sitting in front of the TV and channel-surfed until I sound something interesting. One day, a documentary on Discovery Channel named “The Sacrifice of Genius” caught my entire attention. I really have to add that this program was a serial that consists of 10 episodes. It mainly emphasized on telling the sacrificing life stories of some well – respected scientists in the world such as Louis Pasteur and Marie Curie. By their great passion in researching, those incredible people had gone through so many adversities in order to devote themselves to science. With reference to how often I watched it, as far as I remember, this documentary was broadcasted every Thursday. I was so passionate about it that no matter how busy I was, I managed to watch the box at 9 pm on Thursday. Although it is a really interesting program, it was not very prevalent during that time. I guess this is because people are often more fond of entertaining programs, rather than academic ones. But after all, this program inspired me a lot and provoke my persistence sense especially when I encounter difficulties in life.
- Couch potato (idiom): a person who spend a great deal of time watching TV
- Channel surf (expression): change frequently from one channel to the other
- Catch someone’s attention (expression): attracts someone
- Emphasize (v): play special importance on something
- Adversity (n) Difficulty
- Broadcast (v): transmit by Radio or TV
- Passionate (a) have a strong feeling for something
- Watch the box (idiom): watch TV
- Provoke (v): stimulate something
- Encounter (v): meet or contend against
Bonus cue card: Describe an interesting TV programme you watched about a science topic./Describe a TV documentary you watched that was particularly interesting.
You should say:
- What the programme was about
- When you watched it
- Why you found it interesting
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking tips
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS