Part 3 Topic: Children and money
- When do children start feeling interested in money?
I think children become interested in money when they see things they like to have or things their friends have, which they then want to obtain to fit in. Parents can also stir up children’s interest in money when they give out allowances.
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- Are all children interested in money because they want to buy their own stuff?
No, I don’t think that’s the case. Many children save and collect money as a hobby, similar to how they collect toys. In my country, many children put their coins and cash in a piggy bank, which they break once a year, and then the parents give them a new piggy bank for the next year, which they continue to put money into.
- Why do children want to have money instead of asking parents for it?
I think it feels good to have things that are yours only. If something is yours, there is no need to ask someone else what you can do with it. You can just do what you want.
- Should children be given money as a reward when they do something?
If it’s something like getting good grades in school, I think it’s a good way to encourage children to improve themselves. People tend to work harder when there is a good reward or motivation.
- In your country, people prefer using cash or credit card? Why?
I think people in my country still prefer to use cash. Most people shop in local markets and food stalls where there is no electronic payment. Even when people go out to a supermarket or restaurant where they can pay using credit cards, they likely still have cash on hand.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!