IELTS Writing Task 1:
- Recent IELTS Writing Test (Task 1 & 2) with Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Actual Test 44 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1 & 2) in Vietnam – January 2017 & Model Answers
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 37 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers
IELTS Writing Task 1 Topic:
The diagram below show how leather goods are produced. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and making comparisons where relevant.
Identifying the illustration: Process
Paraphrase the question – using the different words to describe what kind of information the diagram shows
BODY First stage : Hang out the hide on a line => Dry
BAND 8.0+ SAMPLE ANSWER:
The diagram shows the different stages in the process of converting an animal hide into leather goods.
The first stage is to hang out the hide on a line, in the open air to dry. After this, it is transported by lorry to the factory for processing. On arrival, it is submerged in vats of soap and water, and washed and then transferred to another vat where it is soaked in lime. Having been cleaned in this way, the hide is then sent to a large rolling machine where it is smoothed and flattened. In the next stage, it is submerged in a liquid called tannin, which is a mixture of vegetable matter and water. This is followed by the polishing stage where small rollers are moved over the surface to produce a shine. The leather is then transported to a different factory where it is manufactured into the leather products we see in the shops, for example, shoes, handbags and sports equipment.
- Smoothed and flattened
- Polishing stage
- Leather products
Hope you can find this post intriguing. Try to practice writing every day to improve your writing skills. You can find more tips and lessons about the IELTS test on ieltsmaterial.com. Don’t forget “Practice makes perfect”.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!