Let’s gear yourself up for the IELTS Writing & Speaking with “academic” prepositions that are not so frequently used but suitable for academic writing and speaking. Learning these prepositions and making use of them in IELTS writing & speaking will help you boost your IELTS score as well as contributing to your academic pursuit.
- Formal Prepositions to score Band 7.0 or Higher in IELTS (Part 2)
- How to express your mixed feelings in IELTS Writing & Speaking?
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic: Memory and mind
- Advanced Prepositions to Score Band 7.0+ in IELTS Writing
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Bangladesh – March 2018 & Model Answers
- As stated or reported by somebody/something
Example: You have been absent six times according to our records.
- Following, agreeing with or depending on something
Example: The salary will be fixed according to qualifications and experience.
- Further forward in space or time than somebody/something; in front of
Example: Ahead of us lay ten days of intensive training.
- Earlier than
Example: I finished several days ahead of the deadline.
- Further advanced than somebody/something, e.g. in a race or competition
Example: She was always well ahead of the rest of the class.
Apart from/Aside from
Alternative to Regarding
Example: The game was cancelled owing to torrential rain.
Example: during the week prior to the meeting
Paying no attention to something/somebody; treating something/somebody as not being important
Example: The amount will be paid to everyone regardless of whether they have children or not.
Example: There have been further developments subsequent to our meeting.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (January – April) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018