Cut From the Same Cloth – Idiom of the day for IELTS Speaking
Meaning: To be very similar
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Involvement and interest
- The most Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Honesty and fairness
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Anger and irritation
- My sister and I are cut from the same cloth and even sound alike on the telephone.
- There are thousands of men out there in my country with the same thoughts that all women are cut from the same cloth. How ridiculous they are!
Note about Idioms in IELTS
You should be really careful when using idioms in your IELTS speaking test. You can only be sure that you are using an idiom correctly if you have seen or heard it used in context. If you’ve only seen the idiom on a list, don’t use it because it can make your speech forced and unnatural.
What we are trying to do in this category (Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking) is to teach idioms specifically for using on your IELTS Speaking test.
So, keep checking out Idiom of the day on IELTS Material website daily.
If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!