Down the road – Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking
In the future
- I may at some point travel around the world but that’s down the road.
- I asked my friend for some useful IELTS materials that could be useful down the road for my IELTS exam
Match the idioms in column A with their meanings in column B.
|1. steer clear of
2. hit and run
3. down the road
4. lose track
5. travel light
a. sometime in the future
b. to no longer know what is happening, or not to remember something
c. a road accident in which the driver who caused the accident drives away without helping the other people involved and without telling the police
d. to go on a journey without taking a lot of things with you
e. not go near it because it could harm you or cause you a problem
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 2) & Band 8.5 Sample - March 30, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Digital Communication & Sample Answers - March 30, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 87 Topic: A time you miss an appointment - March 29, 2017