Improve Your IELTS Writing Skills by Sam McCarter
The Improve your IELTS Skills series are aimed at students between bands 4.5 and 7.5. The series has three preparation courses, Academic Reading, Academic Writing, and Listening and Speaking. The courses develop language, skills and test technique to help students achieve a higher IELTS score. The three books in the series may be used together as a complete course or may be used to target specific skills. Or they may be used separately to supplement other coursebooks.
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 23 and BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 20 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 19 + BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
- Grammar for IELTS: Advanced Comparison for IELTS Writing to Get Band 7.5 or Higher
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Participle (-ING or -ED) Adjectives
Why should you choose this IELTS Writing book?
The exercises in the book are on task-based approach. The discussion on the skills and techniques in the writing section are chopped into smaller topics. Because of this style, candidates find it easier to understand and apply on their writing samples. Some IELTS books are so technical that confusion usually arises from the one reading it. However, with this book, ideas and topics are presented clearly and practically. The book contains a lot of writing exercises and they usually start from the very basic into the complicated ones. Readers will start learning about vocabulary and correct phrases to be used in writing. In addition, lessons on transition words and techniques on how to smoothly connect ideas in a paragraph. Hence, this book can be considered a good workbook for the IELTS writing examination. Additionally, answer keys and model answers are available.
This book puts emphasis on the importance of sentence structures, vocabulary, and improving one’s ideas from a variety of drills for the examination. This book is a must-have for all candidates for the IELTS test. Study with alone or with a coach, Improve Your IELTS Writing Skills will definitely be the best English proficiency training for you.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016