More Than Meets The Eyes – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic : Knowledge and understanding
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Live And Breathe Something – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Delusions Of Grandeur – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
Hidden things that cannot be seen or found at first glance
“In the beginning, I thought that swimming was very easy but I soon found out that there was more to it than meets the eye.“
“There is more to that problem than meets the eye. What makes you think that there is more than meets the eye?.”
“There is more to her death than meets the eye – she was probably murdered.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” There must be _________________________, or else why would she be interested in him?“
A. out on a limb
B. eyes in the back of their head
C. beauty is in the eye of the beholder
D. more to him than meets the eye
- Describe the first time you played sport. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What kind of sport was
– How it played
And explain why you liked or disliked it
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017