One Horse Town – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
A place that is dull and with few comforts
“Thomas wanted to leave his one-horse town and go to city to make more money”
” I refuse to spend a whole week in that one-horse town!“
“I grew up in a one-horse town, and I liked it very much.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“He hates his job in a _____________ and dreams of escaping the monotony and heading out to more sophisticated climes.“
A. stirred up a hornet’s nest
B. a bleeding heart
C. one-horse town
D. snug as a bug in a rug
- Describe a journey you went on. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:You should say:
- where you went
- why you went to this particular place
- what you did and with whom
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Impeccable – Word Of The Day For IELTS - December 11, 2016
- Garnish – Word Of The Day For IELST - December 10, 2016
- Hit The Nail Right On The Head – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - December 10, 2016