Tough It Out – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
face a difficult situation without changing your plans or opinions
“Although the weather so harsh, we have to go there before midnight. We must find the way to tough it out.”
“Should we tough it out or should we shut down our businesses?”
“It’s a difficult situation, but if we can just tough it out, things are bound to get better soon.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“I can’t help you financially. I know things are difficult, but you’ll just have to____________”
A. stuck in a rut.
B. upset the applecart.
C. run out of patience.
D. tough it out.
- Describe the time when you faced a difficult situation. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the difficult situation was
– What you did to overcome it
And explain the lessons you learn from it.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- IELTS Listening Practice Test 110 - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Vocabulary Booster Ebook – Artur Krotkov & Nadin Miles - November 23, 2016
- Advent – Word Of The Day For IELTS - November 23, 2016