2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic : Noise (with Sample Answers)
- 1 Speaking Part 1
- 1.0.1 1Do you mind noises?
- 1.0.2 2What types of noise you come across in your daily life?
- 1.0.3 3 Are there any sounds that you like? or What is your favourite sound?
- 1.0.4 4 Where can you hear loud noise?
- 1.0.5 5 Describe a noisy place that annoys you?
- 1.0.6 6 Do you think there’s too much noise in modern society?
- 1.0.7 7 Are cities becoming noisier?
- 1.1 Vocabulary
- 1.2 Related Posts:
Speaking Part 1
1Do you mind noises?
It’s really hard for me to say no. I mean, I really can’t bear noisy people, noisy places or even noisy things. For me noise is the number-one distractor when it comes to studying or working. You know, they actually just go ahead and interrupt my flow of thoughts.
2What types of noise you come across in your daily life?
Well, I have to say that I face up to a rich variety of noises on a daily basis. The first type of noise is from traffic, especially during the rush hours. The second is noise from factories, construction sites which never fail to distract me from working, thereby reducing my productivity.
3 Are there any sounds that you like? or What is your favourite sound?
I think there is one sound that can always lull me to sleep, the rain sound. There are nights I was so stressed out that I can hardly sleep no matter how much I tried, and then I went online searching for some sound for deep sleep or relaxation, and rain sound is always one of the top choices. And since then rain sound has become my go-to on sleepless nights.
4 Where can you hear loud noise?
From a number of sources. It can come from the crazy drivers down there on the streets. It can come from a building being built. It can come from a music festival or a DJ party where the crowd totally go wild. It can even come from a crying baby or a fight nextdoor.
5 Describe a noisy place that annoys you?
Chandni Chowk is the noisiest place that I’ve ever been. It is annoying when you cannot hear what the shopkeeper is telling you.
6 Do you think there’s too much noise in modern society?
Indeed. I do think the level of noise is increasing overtime mainly due to human activities. The situation gets even worse if you live in a big modern city at a young age. Your auditory must be trained so hard to tolerate such noise everyday. It is really alarming now to raise people’s awareness towards this “invisible” killer.
7 Are cities becoming noisier?
Most cities in our country are suffering serious noise pollution due to rapidly increasing population and a massive amount of daily transportation. The consistently intense presence of noise does serious harm to the public health.
- To do (serious) harm to (v): to damage the health of
Eg: The boys harmed this puppy.
- Auditory (n): relating to the sense of hearing
Eg: The doctor said, “His auditory nerves are perfect”.
- Tolerate (v): to accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance
Eg: “How long do we have to tolerate this nonsense ?”
- To lull SO to sleep (v): to calm or send to sleep, typically with soothing sounds or movements
Eg: I literally had to pull my sister to sleep as she was getting angry
- To be stressed out (adj): a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or demanding circumstances.
Eg: I was so stressed out before giving the presentation
- Top recommendations (n): to be highly recommended
Eg: Here are my top recommendations.
- Face up to (phrasal verb): to confront an unpleasant situation
Eg: “I wasn’t knowing I had to face up such tough moments”
- Productivity (n): The quality of being productive
Eg: The productivity of the item should increase to 30%this year
Also check :