Recall- Cue Cards
As human beings, we tend to forget things. It is still debated whether good memory is a blessing or a curse. Now for the cue card, you need to forget the theories of forgetting and concentrate on your past and recall it. Quite interestingly, there are words that help you quantify the amount of your recall. Let’s look at them.
Words for memory measurement
|REMEMBER vividly||Remember very clearly every detail of what happened|
|REMEMBER vaguely||You hardly remember what happened|
Also there are words to say how you feel about the past: whether it is remorseful or comforting.
|Reminisce||Recollect the past [ a positive emotion]|
|Nostalgia||Pining for the past [ More often than not a negative emotion]|
|Wistfully||Feeling not so clear and hints a longing|
You may begin by saying “ Going back memory lane” or “Taking a trip down memory lane”. These phrases will let the examiner know that you have a good grasp of the Recall vocabulary.
Also, try to convey the message that you are making sincere efforts to recollect the past. Intonation plays an important role in these types of questions. A falling tone will help when you are regretting the event and a rising tone when you are happy.
Recall questions may not be as tough as you think. With proper practice, you can convey precisely what happened during that stage of your life. Make sure you go through related words and phrases. Prepare a list. This will lend you a hand during the exam.
Try to remain objective and concentrate on the words and phrases, instead of the emotion itself. This will help you avoid breaking down when describing something unpleasant.
Given below are a list of oft-repeated IELTS cue cards for the topic – Recall
- Describe A Teacher From Your Past That You Remember
- Describe a Photograph That You Remember
- Describe a Garden You Remember Visiting
- Describe a dream you remember well
- Describe a childhood memory you have
- Describe a happy childhood event you remember
- Describe a journey that you remember well
- Describe a new year celebration that you still remember
- Describe something you remember from your school or college days
- Describe a rainy day you can remember
- Describe a pleasant surprise you had
- Describe an accident you have seen or heard about
Post your Comments