English Pronunciation in Use (Intermediate Edition) by Mark Hancock
English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate by Mark Hancock
The best-selling English Pronunciation in Use is a comprehensive reference and practice book suitable for self-study or classroom work.
Sixty easy-to-use units cover all aspects of pronunciation, including individual sounds, word stress, connected speech and intonation. Each unit is supported by audio material in a range of accents, available on audio CD or cassette. An additional reference section offers a glossary of specialized terms, help with the pronunciation of numbers and geographical names and fun exercises on phonemic symbols and minimal pairs. The CD-ROM provides a wide variety of additional interactive activities to reinforce the pronunciation covered in the book, as well as tests, progress checks, games and animated diagrams of the mouth showing learners how to produce individual sounds. Students can also record themselves and compare their pronunciation with one of the many models provided.
- 60 easy-to-use units: key pronunciation points are presented on left-hand pages with a range of exercises on right-hand pages.
- Audio material offers a clear model for learners to listen, repeat and practise their own pronunciation.
- Self-diagnostic tests help learners identify and focus on their own pronunciation problems.
- An additional reference section includes a learner-friendly answer key, fun exercises to practise phonemic symbols, a guide for speakers of specific languages, exercises on minimal pairs and a glossary of specialized terms.
About the Author
Mark Hancock started his career as an English teacher and has taught English in Turkey, Brazil and Spain. He has written a number of coursebooks, teachers resource books, and journal articles. He has been into Freelance writing since 2000 and is also a conference presenter and short training course presenter. His specialities include Spoken Interaction, Listening, Writing, Pronunciation, Coursebook writing, Motivation and Materials writing. He is also the author of PronPack 1-4 (pronpack.com).
Free Download Here:
Also check :
- IELTS Speaking tips
- IELTS Books
- Linking words for IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking recent actual test
- IELTS preparation books
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- Work Vocabulary IELTS
- Advanced English Grammar in Use
- The key to IELTS Success pdf
- Official IELTS Practice Materials
- IELTS Practice Test Plus 3 pdf