Express Entry Program Canada – Types of Programs, Eligibility Criteria, Requirements and Cost
- 1 Express Entry Program
- 2 What are all types of programs available under Express Entry?
- 3 Express Entry Submission
According to a US News article, in the 2021 best countries ranking, Canada is ranked as the number 1 country in the world in terms of quality of life. Hence, it’s the most desired country in the world.
Here is some good news for those looking for the quickest method to go to and settle in Canada.
Express Entry Program
The Express Entry Program is a program for skilled workers who wish to become permanent residents of Canada. It is one of the most common routes for talented workers to immigrate to Canada. Every year, Canada hopes to welcome about 110,00 immigrants through the Express Entry. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is used to rank each candidate’s profile. This visa is named express because it is part of Canada’s fast-track visa processing programme. IRCC sends out invitations to come to Canada every two weeks (to selected applicants)
When did Express Entry start?
The Canadian government launched the Express Entry Program. on 1 January 2015, in which the IRCC welcomes immigrants to Canada every two weeks.
So, what is the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)?
CRS stands for Comprehensive Ranking System, which is a point-based system used by the Canadian government to evaluate and score each candidate’s express entrance application.
The candidate’s CRS is determined by their age, job experience, education, language abilities, and a variety of other criteria.
What are all types of programs available under Express Entry?
Express Entry manages three different types of permanent residence programs. These are:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Canada Express Entry eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for Express Entry, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, relevant job experience, and good command in the English/French language. In addition, candidates must meet the program’s eligibility requirements, and they can apply for one of the three Express Entry programmes listed above.
What are the requirements for Express Entry Canada?
The Express Entry application involves
- CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) – Language Test approved by the Canadian government (English or French)
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- Legal advice – Involves hiring a legal advisor [ Not mandatory]
- Medical exams
- Police Background checks
- Your passport or travel document
- Settlement funds or Proof of funds
- Provincial nomination (if you have)
- Job offer letter(if you have) [ You can use the job bank to search for jobs. A job offer with a positive LMIA increases your chances of getting an ITA]
- At Least 1 year to 10 years off full-time work experience as a skilled occupation
Why or why not one should take a legal opinion?
The IRCC clearly states on its website that the hiring of the legal advisor is not a requirement. Applicants can file their applications without taking help from anyone. However, the benefit of hiring a legal advisor is that it will help you identify minor mistakes in the application and avoid rejection. In cases where you wish to purchase or rent a house in Canada (before arriving in Canada), the legal counsel can assist you in understanding the nuances of Canadian property laws.
Other factors that can boost your CRS scores are:
- High Language Proficiency
- Bilingualism in French and English
- Master’s or PhD Degree
- Work Experience
- Any sibling currently residing in Canada
- Employment offer
Express Entry Submission
The express entrance profile submission procedure is straightforward and consists of only a few major steps.
- Examine your qualifying requirements.
- Complete the language test and receive your ECA (Educational Credential Assessment.)
- Submit your profile on the website of IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.)
- Repeatedly check your profile for ITA (invitation to apply) for permanent residence.
- Submit your completed permanent residency application to IRCC and pay the cost. Medical tests and police certification are part of this procedure. IRCC sends you an acknowledgment receipt once you submit your application.
- When prompted, provide your biometric information.
- Wait for your final decision. You’ll get a CORP (Confirmation of Permanent Residence), and a permanent resident visa after your application is approved.
How long does it take to get an Express Entry?
The Express Entry profile is valid for one year. Applicants who have acquired an ITA can expect their permanent residency application to be approved in six months.
If the applicant does not get an ITA within one year of generating their Express Entry profile, they can re-submit it if they are still qualified.
How to check your Express Entry profile?
On the account’s main page, you can go to the section – view the application you submitted. Then, click on check full application status. Then, on the Express Entry profile status, you can click to view your profile under the heading – Your Express Entry profile status.
Cost of Express Entry
For qualified individuals, submitting an Express Entry profile to the government website is free. Candidates may, however, be required to pay for extra exams and documentation.
The processing price is $825, while the permanent residency application charge is $500. Fees for processing spouse or partner’s application and Right of permanent residence application are $825 and $500, respectively, with a $225 charge for dependent children.
Is having a Canadian job offer mandatory under Express Entry?
No, a job offer is not always required for Express Entry. On the other hand, having a job offer is advantageous since it helps you raise your CRS score. If you already have a job offer, you can earn an extra 50 to 200 CRS points.
Job offers in Canada for Express Entry Canada
Under Express Entry, Federal Skilled Workers across 347 eligible occupations who meet minimum entry criteria submit an expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool.
Express Entry 2021
Despite the continuing Coronavirus situation, the Canadian government continues to accept express entry applications. In fact, the authorities are taking applications at the highest level. In 2020, over 90% of all eligible applicants were invited to apply for permanent residency.
In order to boost its economy, Canada requires highly trained employees. Therefore, Canada has also announced its Immigration Levels Plan for the years 2021-2023.