IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic:
Describe a place near water (such as a river, a lake or the ocean) that you enjoyed visiting
You should say:
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 93 Topic: Describe a time someone or something made noise
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 92 Topic: An activity you like to do after study or work
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 91 Topic: A birthday celebration that you attended
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 96 Topic: Interesting conversation you had
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 101 Topic: An age/stage you enjoyed most
- where this place was
- what you did at this place
- who you went there with
- and explain why you liked this place
My family often go on vacation every summer. Last year, we went to Ha Long Bay, which is located in Vietnam. As it is among Seven Wonders of the World, the beach was so impressive to me.
IELTS Speaking Actual tests Jan - May 2020 with suggested answers)
IELTS Speaking Actual Tests & Suggested Answers written by IELTS teachers aims to help IELTS candidates perform at their best on the big day.
My family and I took a 12-hour plane journey through different time zones, which made me get really bad jet lag; therefore, I didn’t enjoy the first day much. However, to be honest, I have to admit that the scenery there was so beautiful and appealing to me, especially the beach. The beach, after a makeover, was extremely breathtaking, and the crystal clear water seemed to stretch endlessly till the horizon. To make it even more attractive, the waves continued to crash onto the shore, sounding like a romantic melody from nature. Though I was a little tired, I was so excited that I just wanted to jump into the water right away.
While some people enjoyed swimming, there were a lot of people who preferred sunbathing or playing volleyball, team-building games or making sandcastles. My family, after swimming a lot in scorching hot weather, chose to come back to the hotel to change clothes before heading for some good seafood restaurants.
Actually, this vacation gave me a wonderful chance to have some days off, and all my worries seemed to fade away. Furthermore, it helped strengthen the bond between my family members. That’s why I am always looking forward to going on more holidays like this every year.
- Impressive: = attractive: something that can catch your attention.
Ex: His determination to pass the exam is quite impressive to us
- jet lag: feeling tired because of the effects of taking a long plane journey through different time zones
Ex. She don’t like traveling much because she can easily have a bad jet lag.
- Makeover: a set of changes that are intended to make a person or place more attractive:
Ex: One of the prizes was a makeover at a top beauty salon.
- Breathtaking: very exciting or impressive
Ex: My hotel has a breathtaking view of the city
- Crystal clear: completely clear and bright
Ex: The sea is not polluted here, you can see the crystal clear water with lots of beautiful fish inside
- Stretch: spread over an area of land or sea
Ex: The rice paddy field stretches for nearly a hundred of kilometers.
- Endlessly: in a way that seems to have no end
Ex: The road appears to continue endlessly.
- Head for: Proceed or go in a certain direction
- Scorching hot: extremely hot
Fade away: to slowly disappear, lose importance, or become weaker
Ex: The voices became louder and closer and then faded away again.
SPEAKING PART 3 QUESTIONS:
How important is water in people’s everyday lives?
Why do so many people like to go places with water such as lakes, rivers or the ocean?
Why do some people like water sports?
As a place to spend some leisure time, do you think the beach or the seaside is more suitable for children or for old people?
What activities would you do if you were spending some leisure time at a beach or near the ocean?
Do you think children and old people do the same types of things when they go to a beach?
What kinds of leisure activities do people like to do in places such as in the ocean, at a beach, at a river, at a lake etc.?
Do you think the government should invest money in developing facilities for water sports?
What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of traveling on the ocean?
Do you think that human activity is posing a threat to the oceans of the world?