Describe your favorite drink – IELTS Cue Card
Describe your favorite drink
You should say:
- what it is
- do you buy it or prepare it at home
- what type of people drink it
- and explain why this is your favourite drink
On a hot day in the middle of April, which is peak summer here in India, all one wants to do is have a nice, cool glass of coca cola. Coca cola is my favourite drink, it’s the perfect accompaniment with a meal, and it’s great by itself as well. It’s a carbonated soda drink and it tastes really good. I buy it quite regularly, even more so during the summers. Coca Cola is consumed by a lot of people worldwide, and people between the ages of 8 – 60 are it’s most common consumers. A lot of athletes drink coke while playing or running as the high sugar content and coolness of the drink quenches their thirst while giving them a boost of energy. Coca Cola is my favourite drink as it has a unique taste and it gives me energy. It can be quite addictive, but you must be mindful and monitor your consumption. It is a signature drink to quench your thirst. When you sip coke, a cold shiver spreads through your body, which is a sharp contrast to the blistering summer afternoon. Coca Cola is so popular that it comes in some unimaginable funky flavours! Flavours such as Vanilla, Cherry, and Grape! A goal on my bucket list is to taste all the flavours that they have to offer!
- Meaning: Something that supplements or complements something else.
Example: Biscuits are the best accompaniment to tea.
- Meaning: (of a soft drink) effervescent on account of containing dissolved carbon dioxide.
Example: Carbonated drinks are unhealthy.
- Meaning: satisfy (one’s thirst) by drinking.
Example: Mineral water quenched our thirst.
- Meaning: conscious or aware of something.
Example: I warned her to be mindful of her priorities.
- Meaning: (of heat) intense.
Example: India had a blistering summer last year.
Also check :