IELTS Speaking Actual Test in September, 2016 and Suggested Answers
- 1 IELTS Speaking Part 1
- 2 IELTS Actual Tests Questions (March - June 2021) with Answers
- 3 IELTS Speaking Part 2
- 4 IELTS Speaking Part 3
- 4.0.1 Compare the differences between the constructions in your city with them in 20 years ago? Describe the building styles in details ?
- 4.0.2 What are people’s attitudes to old building today and that of our later generation? Should we protect them? Why ?
- 4.0.3 What role do you think the old and modern buildings play in the society ?
- 4.0.4 Compare the differences between house and apartment ?
- 4.1 Related Posts:
Our kind friend took the IELTS test in Canada and sent his speaking test (including Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3) to us.
IELTS Speaking Part 1
+Work & Study
What work do you do?
Why did you choose to do that type of work (or, that job)?
Do you like your job?
Is it very interesting?
Do you often invite friends to visit your home?
Do you like visitors coming to your home?
Do people often visit you at your home?
How often do visitors come to your home?
When do visitors come to your home?
Do you prefer to have friends visit you, or relatives?
What do you usually do together with your visitors?
When someone visits you, how do you usual, show hospitality (or, entertain them)?
What colors do you like?
Do you like to wear dark or bright colors?
What’s the different between men and women’s preference on colors?
Do colors affect your mood?
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a tall building in your hometown you like/dislike
Band 9.0 Sample Answer
• I’m going to describe a high-rise building in my neighborhood. It’s called Paradise Green City, located in Canada.
• Unlike other modern blocks, which are usually huge glass towers, the building is painted yellow, although it’s named Green City. The structure of Green City is not dissimilar to that of most buildings in Canada nowadays, with the bottom half used as a shopping center and the top half occupied by apartments.
• One feature that makes the building unique is that its trade center offers Canadian products only, with a view to promoting domestic products to Hanoi people and also to supporting national manufacturers. At the entrance of the building, if you look to the right, you can easily find a store named Masterchef bread, which serves traditional bread to people who just do not have enough time to go inside, so they line up waiting to pay.
• In spite of its prime location, however, Paradise Green City offers a reasonable price for its apartments, which are affordable for many middle-income families. From the building, we can enjoy the breathtaking scenery. So, if you are planning to find a place with a beautiful and peaceful view, or simply want to buy something traditional, Paradise Green City may be a good choice.
• (Dislike) What I don’t like about Paradise Green City, however, is that its design is neither eye-catching nor original. In fact, I personally find that it resembles Times City, a modern building nearby. Moreover, the paint color doesn’t match its modern structures, which makes the building somehow old-fashioned. And, the quality, as well as diversity of products on sale do not meet the expectations of most customers. So, I guess it’s the reason why the building doesn’t attract as much attention from the public as expected.
1.high-rise: very tall and having a lot of floors
Example: These high-rise apartment blocks were built 20 years ago.
2.blocks: tall buildings that contain flats or offices
Example: The university science blocks are the tallest buildings on the campus.
3.huge glass towers: high-level buildings with the exterior made of glass
Example: The design of the Lotte Department Store is just a huge glass tower, but it definitely stands out and has become a famous landmark in the city.
4.dissimilar: not the same
Example: The English and Vietnamese languages are completely dissimilar to each other
5.feature: A prominent or distinctive part, quality, or characteristic
Example: Large glass facades have been a familiar feature of modern buildings for a long time.
6.domestic products: goods that are manufactured within a country, by manufacturers of that country.
Example: Famous by Boo is a clothing brand that offers domestic products.
7.serve: to provide food, entertainment or service
Example: Boo Cafe serves coffee and meals to many customers who call in when they go to the store to buy clothes.
8.prime: excellent, the best available
Example: The store has a prime position at the entrance of the shopping centre.
9.offer a reasonable price: sell with a price that is not too high, and affordable
Example: If a business aims to achieve sustainable development, it should manage to offer its customers a reasonable price.
- middle-income families: families in which the members have salaries which are not very high, but also not too low
Example: He sells cars at affordable prices, mainly to middle-income families.
11.breathtaking scenery: very beautiful and spectacular landscape
Example: The beaches in Thailand are famous for their breathtaking scenery.
- eye-catching : tending to attract attention, good-looking
Example: The signing of this contract was the result of many meetings to build an eye-catching tower against the skyline of Riyadh.
- resemble: look like another person or thing
Example: So many modern buildings resemble each other.
14.match : look good together
Example: When choosing clothes, it is common belief that we should not mix pink items with yellow ones, as these two colours do not match.
15.meet expectations: be as good as expected
Example: We had heard so many good things about the new restaurant, but the food didn’t meet our expectations at all.
16.attract attention: make people notice something
Example: The advertisement was designed to attract the attention of young people interested in fashion.
17.the public: the community/ the people as the whole
Example: In a survey, members of the public were asked about their shopping habits.
IELTS Speaking Part 3
Compare the differences between the constructions in your city with them in 20 years ago? Describe the building styles in details ?
The traditional buildings are made of the red brick and always have curved eaves. Thousands of buildings look the same. But now, various buildings with different colors and styles have been going up in my hometown. In addition, room is equipped with kitchen and bathroom. This is very convenient.
What are people’s attitudes to old building today and that of our later generation? Should we protect them? Why ?
People, including our later generation, advocate that government should protect old buildings because old buildings represent the great artistic achievements of ancient civilization.
What role do you think the old and modern buildings play in the society ?
Oh, modern buildings are for us to live and work, while old buildings are for us to visit and research.
Compare the differences between house and apartment ?
In my country, there is a big yard beside house, where we can plant some flowers and trees etc. But house is more expensive. Apartment is convenient and cheap but small.
Also check :