Speaking Part 1
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
Activity near water
Do you like to go to places near water (lakes, rivers or the sea)?
Yes, I’m really into going to these places. I think it’s easy to understand why most people gravitate to places near water. The main reason is that I can find the water very soothing and calming. Whenever I’m under stress, I just go straight to the lake nearby so that I can feel relieved. Moreover, I am a big swimmer and love being in the water. That was the first sport I mastered as a child and I felt lucky to know how to swim that soon because there is always a feeling of weightlessness and freedom when I’m near open water.
Under stress (phrase) dealing with something that causes worry or anxiety
Relieved (adj) feeling relaxed and happy
What do you like to do there?
Obviously I’d first take some picture. The ocean looks stunning at any time to me. Then I’ll go swimming. There’s no such thing more relaxing than surfing and chasing big waves. Then probably I’ll build some sandcastle or just lie down and enjoy the fresh ambience.
Stunning (adj) very impressive or beautiful
Ambience (noun) air, the atmosphere of a place
Do you like flowers? (Why?)
Yes, I do like flowers. As an introvert, sometimes, I find myself feeling peaceful and relaxed while enjoying nice flowers in my garden. I have a habit of taking pictures of flowers after the rain. I feel most at peace spending chunks of good-time on my own, in relative silence, contemplating the beauty of flowers with raindrops through my camera lens.
Introvert (n) a shy, reticent person.
(a) chunk of (n) a significant amount of something
Good-time (n) (of a person) having the pursuit of pleasure as one’s chief aim
To contemplate (v) to look thoughtfully for a long time at
Which/What is your favorite flower?
White roses are truly my favorite flower. They are traditionally associated with marriages and new beginnings. However, their beauty has also made them a gesture of remembrance. Therefore, a bouquet of white rose is a perfect way to say “I’m thinking of you”.
Gesture (n) a movement of part of the body, especially a hand or the head, to express an idea or meaning
(a) Bouquet of (flowers) (phrase) an attractively arranged bunch of flowers, especially one presented as a gift or carried at a ceremony
Do you think flowers are important?
For an introvert like me, enjoying the harmonization of various types of flowers with different gorgeous colors in the garden or in florist shops could brighten up my days and lift my spirits.
Harmonization (n) a good combination
Gorgeous (adj) beautiful, very attractive
Brighten up (phrasal verb) make something more pleasant and happy
Lift our spirits (expression) make us feel happier
Speaking Part 2
Describe a well-paid job that you would like to do. Please say
– What job is it?
– Why do you want to do it?
– What would you do to get it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer
It’s difficult to predict the future as to what job will dominate the labor market, but I’m pretty sure that teaching English as a foreign language stands a good chance of being one of the hottest professions in the upcoming years. And, to be honest, I’m working hard on enhancing my English teaching ability to prepare myself properly for this golden opportunity and become an IELTS examiner down the road.
Teaching English requires patience and perseverance and if you’re an impetuous and bad-tempered person, then this noble profession is not cut out for you. In this job, I will have to get exposed to people of different educational and cultural backgrounds, some of them might be too stubborn to be a good listener or simply they’re too lazy to acquire any knowledge. The two qualities I have mentioned is my strong suit actually. I have been employed as an English teacher and somehow learnt about the art of imparting knowledge and encourage students to actively participate in the lessons without being fed up with the students, I think this characteristic can be tackled over time and that being not too lenient with the students means I care for them pretty much.
At the moment, teaching social subjects like Literature or History admittedly doesn’t guarantee a lucrative income. Yet it’s not the same for English as it’s an international language and is a prerequisite for international students or those working in multinational corporations. So, l speculate that in the foreseeable future the job as an IELTS examiner will promise a bright future.
As to (phrase) concerning someone or something
Labor market (phrase) the number of people who are available to work, considered together with all the available jobs
Stand a chance (phrase) to be likely to achieve something
Down the road (idiom) in the future
Impetuous (adj) done quickly, without thinking about what the effects will be
Bad –tempered (adj) angry, irritable, or ungracious
Cut out for someone (phrasal verb) to be the right type of person to do something
Impart (verb) To pass on; transmit
Be fed up with (phrasal verb) be bored with something/somebody
Lenient with someone (adj) if a person or system is lenient, they punish someone less severely than they could
Speaking Part 3
What jobs are important in your opinion?
I believe it’s relative to what is most needed at various, particular times. However, If you ask me, I would say that the most important and useful occupation to modern society is farmer. In recent times, the vast majority of food is grown by large corporate companies using expensive chemicals and pesticides. However, without those who care for the crops and without traditional farmers, modern society could not be sustained at its current population density. Therefore, farmers are a necessary part of modern society, and complete a very important and useful task, despite not being a part of urban society. Besides, teaching are also regarded as one of the most important jobs because they have some of the greatest burdens on their shoulders, and could tell you more of what society would be like than anyone else alive today.
Population density (phrase) the number of people per unit of area, usually quoted per square kilometer or square mile
Is it necessary to motivate employees to do their job?
Motivating employees play an absolutely crucial role in any business. A motivated workforce can lead to a high productivity and help all organizations or companies attain their business goals. Therefore, employee motivation should be a main objective in any organizational and business plans.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!