IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Shoes
1. Do you like shoes?
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Shopping/ Customer services & Band 8 Sample
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Learning & Band 8 Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Photography
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Hometown
Yes, of course! I’m quite a girly girl (very feminine), so I’ve always been into shoes since I was a little girl. My mother used to catch me trying on her high heels in her closet! Moreover, I’m a fashionista (a person who likes fashion) so I feel that shoes really tie the whole outfit together.
2. How often do you buy shoes?
Mm I would say every couple months. I’m trying to save up for a new car right now, so I don’t like to spend too much unnecessary money. With this said, I usually buy a new pair at the start of every season.
3. Do you like to wear shoes that are comfortable or good looking?
Definitely good looking, hopefully comfortable too! I care much more about the appearance and if they complement my outfit. However, I try to buy nicer brands so that more comfortable should be expected. Moreover, many comfortable shoes are often unattractive, like Crocs for example.
4. What is your favorite type of shoes?
High heels 100%! I feel that they really tie the whole outfit together. Moreover, I feel feminine when I wear them, not to mention that they accentuate my legs. I have spent several years getting used to them so I can now strut my stuff (walk confidently) in heels everywhere I go!
5. Why do some people have too many shoes?
Well, there could be various reasons. I think one is that perhaps they see shoes on sale so they buy them on a whim (buying something without thinking about it), even if they don’t need them. Moreover, some people are really into shoes so they like to collect them. Lastly, maybe they keep their old shoes so their collection keeps growing.
6. Have you ever bought shoes online?
Of course, although I don’t prefer it. I have only bought shoes online from familiar stores, like Aldo and Zara, which I know fit me well. On the other hand, I don’t like to buy shoes from new stores when I’m not able to try them on first.
21.7. Are people willing to buy expensive shoes?
Some people! I think people who are wealthy are more apt to (likely to) buy expensive brands. On the other hand, there are some people who would rather have a few quality items rather than a bunch of cheap quality pairs. So, I think this type of person often tends to buy more expensive shoes also.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country - June 8, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music - May 30, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes - May 30, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!