IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Running
1. How often do you run?
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Sports/ Physical Exercises
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Drinking Water with Sample Answers
- Band 9 Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Film/ Movie/ Cinema
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Weather
As I have a toddler, I don’t sleep as much as I used to, so I find it to be a struggle to get out of bed at 5am to run before work at times. With this said, I now go running about 3 times per week, whereas I used to go 5 or 6 times. My aim is to go back to at least 4 times a week, as my work schedule will soon reduce from 5 to 4 days a week.
2. Where do you run?
Lucky for me, there’s a lake about 300 meters from my house! It has a 14 kilometer path around it, so I often take advantage of this. I’ve always been an avid (keen) runner, so I can even complete the entire circumference of the lake, not to say I do this every time though. It really starts my morning off right!
3. Is running a good exercise?
For sure! Although it’s high intensity, it is an exercise that is easily accessible and one of the most straightforward ways to get health benefits. Since it improves aerobic fitness, it improves your cardiovascular health, not to mention it burns a lot of calories and can help you build strength, among other things. Lastly, it allows you to spend time outdoors and can be a stress relief for many, including me!
4. Do you run more now than you did you in the past?
Just the opposite! Since my life has gotten busier since my daughter came into the picture (came into my life), exercise isn’t my top priority anymore. As I don’t often sleep through the night anymore, I sometimes find it unbearable to get up at 5am in the cold and dark to go for a run around the lake. Still, I manage to do it 3 times per week, whereas I used to do it 5 or 6.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!