IELTS Cue Card: Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
You should say:
what it is
how you know it
what one would do to live this healthy lifestyle
and explain why it is healthy
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in India – June 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in Iran – June 2018 & Model Answers
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Iran – May 2018 & Model Answers
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Dream with Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
I’m going to tell you about a new trend I’ve been hearing more and more about, intermittent fasting. Let me explain it to you, as many might automatically reject the idea, as we are programmed to believe that we should eat 3 full meals a day.
Intermittent fasting is when you cannot consume anything other than calorie-less beverages such as water, green tea, or black coffee except for in an hour window. Some can choose to keep up to an eight hour time window for eating- it’s up to you. You can choose to do it everyday or even just once a week. For example, a friend of mine has been fasting all day everyday except from 7pm-8pm. During this time, he can eat anything he wants, regardless of whether it’s low-calorie or not. During just a two week period, he has lost 5 kilograms and claims to be feeling well.
To my surprise, I’ve read that there are several benefits to fasting. It is said that it aids in weight-loss, concentration, protection against disease, improved memory, and lower cholesterol. It came as a shock to me at first, as I thought that we unarguably need 3 meals per day. However, now I believe that that may not be the case, which I find intriguing (interesting).
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!