IELTS Cue Card: Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
You should say:
what it is
how you know it
what one would do to live this healthy lifestyle
and explain why it is healthy
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time when you got up early in the morning
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a prize you want to get or win
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you received a call from someone you do not know
- Band 8.0 Sample Answers for 10 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Cards (2016)
I’m going to tell you about a new trend I’ve been hearing more and more about, intermittent fasting. Let me explain it to you, as many might automatically reject the idea, as we are programmed to believe that we should eat 3 full meals a day.
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 2
Intermittent fasting is when you cannot consume anything other than calorie-less beverages such as water, green tea, or black coffee except for in an hour window. Some can choose to keep up to an eight hour time window for eating- it’s up to you. You can choose to do it everyday or even just once a week. For example, a friend of mine has been fasting all day everyday except from 7pm-8pm. During this time, he can eat anything he wants, regardless of whether it’s low-calorie or not. During just a two week period, he has lost 5 kilograms and claims to be feeling well.
To my surprise, I’ve read that there are several benefits to fasting. It is said that it aids in weight-loss, concentration, protection against disease, improved memory, and lower cholesterol. It came as a shock to me at first, as I thought that we unarguably need 3 meals per day. However, now I believe that that may not be the case, which I find intriguing (interesting).