Describe a time you gave advice to others
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time when you got up early
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A water sport you would like to try
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you found something someone lost
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: An occasion when vehicle broke down
- who you gave the advice to;
- what advice you gave;
- why this person needed your advice;
- and explain how useful the advice was.
Band 8.5 Sample:
I have this friend who I’ve grown up with; we’re pretty close. And this advice I gave him had to do with his career.
Last year he was working in an international company and doing quite well, so he was offered a big promotion to become a manager. But he had also been looking for opportunities to study abroad, and received an offer from a prestigious university around the same time he got the job offer. It was a scholarship that would cover all expenses, including tuition and accommodation, an enviable package.
Apparently he was in a dilemma, not knowing whether to stay and further his career or to go and further his education. When he asked for my advice, I was like, If you want to go far in this field, you have to possess excellent qualifications, because if you don’t there’s a limit to how far up you can reach, this promotion may look good now, but as far as I see there’s little room left for development. He finally took my advice and is now studying in STANFORD.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!