Describe a time you gave advice to others
You should say:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A water sport you would like to try
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: Describe a TV program that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A quiz program or game show on TV
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: An occasion when vehicle broke down
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time when you got up early
- who you gave the advice to;
- what advice you gave;
- why this person needed your advice;
- and explain how useful the advice was.
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 2
Band 8.5 Sample:
I have this friend who I’ve grown up with; we’re pretty close. And this advice I gave him had to do with his career.
Last year he was working in an international company and doing quite well, so he was offered a big promotion to become a manager. But he had also been looking for opportunities to study abroad, and received an offer from a prestigious university around the same time he got the job offer. It was a scholarship that would cover all expenses, including tuition and accommodation, an enviable package.
Apparently he was in a dilemma, not knowing whether to stay and further his career or to go and further his education. When he asked for my advice, I was like, If you want to go far in this field, you have to possess excellent qualifications, because if you don’t there’s a limit to how far up you can reach, this promotion may look good now, but as far as I see there’s little room left for development. He finally took my advice and is now studying in STANFORD.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5