Read all IELTS Part 3 Topics & Questions below and practice with your IELTS speaking partner
IELTS QUESTIONS ABOUT HANDWRITING
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in the UAE – November 2018 with Band 9 Sample with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS)
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Podcast 1: Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- Is handwriting still important?
I personally believe that handwriting is crucial for some reasons. It’s a basic tool in many subjects such as doing homeworks, tests or taking notes. So poor handwriting skills or illegible writing can create trouble for students when they study. Handwriting is able to help students memorize everything better than typing. Besides, handwriting is in extricably linked to reading skills .It promotes a child’s visual memory, especially ones having difficulty reading. Mastering handwriting helps children recognize different letters quickly and help them to become good readers
- What are the disadvantages of handwriting?
I see that the first and foremost disadvantage of handwriting is hard work and time-consuming. When we write very long text, we’ll feel pain of fingers and it takes longer time to finish than typing. Besides, We can save all kinds of documents on computers as they have huge storage and extremely safe with password . The last thing is that handwriting is linked to learning to spell but spell check is a function that all computers have so handwriting doesn’t help with this
- Is it possible to improve school student’s handwriting once they have established a style?
Well, I do agree with that. In the short term it will almost certainly lead to a reduction in the student’s writing speed. They should take continuously practice of the new writing style and will become faster and automatic..
- Is being left-handed the cause of the problem?
In my opinion, that’s not a problem. The majority of left-handers write as well as their right-handed peers. Many reseaches also show that lefties have the upper hand in creativity, imagination as their thinking is different from righties. So that’s the reason why there are more and more left- handed people.
- Are handwriting problems more common in boys?
Yes, I believe so. While girls are careful in everything, boys seem to be more careless. Therefore,girls seem to master good handwriting earlier than boys but boys can catch up if they are given appropriate help.
- What is the future of handwriting?
Well, I think that the future of handwriting varies from place to place. At big cities , advanced technologies like laptop or smart phone allow people to quickly take note and save documents safely. So people would no longer write longhand notes and penmanship is likely to be lost. On the other hand, handwriting would still enjoy popularity as it helps poor people to write and learn how to spell. Besides, as the saying goes The pen is mightier than the keyboard so I think handwriting’d still be used in the future
- Do you think that handwriting express personality?
Yes, I do. I suppose that each person has their own writing style so the way they write also express who they are. For instance, If someone writes quickly they are impatient and dislike delays or time wasters but slower writers are calm and persevere. So having good handwriting is really important to impress others and people should train writing carefully.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2018 (September – December) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Art & Technology with Model Essay - May 30, 2018
- 15 IELTS Practice Tests (Book) - May 29, 2018