Part 3 Topic: Party
- Which types of parties are popular in your country?
Birthday parties and weddings. In recent years we also see the growing popularity of proms and soirées, which are really just evening parties with music.
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 3 – Topic: Water Sports
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Employment with Band 8 Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- Is it true that everybody likes parties? Why?
No, I don’t think everybody likes parties. Some people don’t like being surrounded by a large number of people. Also, parties usually cost money, so some people might think they are wasteful and unnecessary.
- Is it true that children always like birthday cakes with candles on top? Is receiving birthday cakes important in a birthday party?
No, I don’t think all children like birthday cakes with candles on top. I had friends who did not like blowing out candles, and I myself prefer pies to cakes. I also think receiving birthday cakes is not important. People can celebrate birthdays even if there’s no cake; they can enjoy other snacks and drinks.
- Do you prefer receiving emails or birthday cards on your birthday?
I would like to receive birthday cards rather than emails. Emails are something I associate with work. It also feels more distant and less personal than a physical, hand-written card.
- How does alcohol affect the atmosphere of a party?
Alcohol can make people feel excited. It can also help them let loose, laugh and chat more freely and be more relaxed than they usually are. For these reasons, I think alcohol can make parties more exciting.
- Is music important to a party?
Yes. Everyone loves music. People feel good when they listen to songs they like and sway to the music. Sometimes there’s a lull in conversations and music is there to fill in that gap.
- For those who do dislike parties, what should they do?
They should avoid attending parties when possible. When this cannot be done, they should make sure the hosts understand it is not the hosts’ fault they want to avoid parties or leave early and that they should not take it personally.
- Why do old people also like parties?
Old people, like people of all ages, feel the need to socialize and celebrate important events in life. Also, because most old people are retired, they have more time to meet up with friends and have fun.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!