Part 3 Topic: Public Speaking
- Why do people feel nervous when they are giving a speech to others?
People feel nervous because the topic they’re talking about might not be interesting to the listeners. They can also feel nervous if they’re trying to persuade someone to do something, like in a job interview or a business presentation.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Party with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Schools & Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Interesting Places with Band 8 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Role models with Band 8 Model Answers
- How can people improve their public speaking skills?
People can practice speaking and get a friend to critique their performance. They can also film themselves speaking and watch the resulting video to look for things which they can improve.
- Can you suggest any methods that would help reduce nervousness?
Know the topic you’re going to talk about, prepare your notes and practice speaking before your presentation. Take deep breaths, avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can increase your heart rate and cause your hands to shake. Accept that you have tried your best and it’s okay to not be perfect.
- Is it good for people to visit schools and give a talk to children about different things?
Yes, I think children can learn a lot from these activities. The speakers schools invite are usually professionals and experts in their own fields. Students can learn about subjects that they knew little about or discover new areas of interest.
- What type of person is best suited to give a talk to a group of students?
People who are knowledgeable about the topic they’re going to talk about. For example, a presentation about computer technology and startups should be given by someone like Bill Gates.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!