- 1 Part 3 Topic: Public Speaking
- 2 IELTS Speaking Actual tests Jan - May 2020 with suggested answers)
Part 3 Topic: Public Speaking
Why do people feel nervous when they are giving a speech to others?
People feel nervous because the topic they’re talking about might not be interesting to the listeners. They can also feel nervous if they’re trying to persuade someone to do something, like in a job interview or a business presentation.
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions with Suggested Answers (PDF)
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 2 in 2019 & Model Answers – topic : technology
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topic: Foreign Language & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions & Answers – Topic: Handwriting
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2017 & Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe a couple you know who have a Happy Marriage
Also check: IELTS Speaking Part 3
How can people improve their public speaking skills?
People can practice speaking and get a friend to critique their performance. They can also film themselves speaking and watch the resulting video to look for things which they can improve.
Can you suggest any methods that would help reduce nervousness?
Know the topic you’re going to talk about, prepare your notes and practice speaking before your presentation. Take deep breaths, avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can increase your heart rate and cause your hands to shake. Accept that you have tried your best and it’s okay to not be perfect.
Is it good for people to visit schools and give a talk to children about different things?
Yes, I think children can learn a lot from these activities. The speakers schools invite are usually professionals and experts in their own fields. Students can learn about subjects that they knew little about or discover new areas of interest.
What type of person is best suited to give a talk to a group of students?
People who are knowledgeable about the topic they’re going to talk about. For example, a presentation about computer technology and startups should be given by someone like Bill Gates.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5