– What is your full name?
– What should I call you?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Iran – May 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in October 2018 with Band 9 Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Podcast 1: Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in India – June 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) – Topic: Travel & Holidays & Suggested Answers
– Do you like music?
So far I haven’t met anyone who dislikes listening to music. However, when the workload is too heavy that requires me to stay highly focused, music is a huge distraction. Unlike many people who like listening to instrumental music because it highly benefits for their concentration and study, in my case the music makes me feel instantly sleepy.
Workload (n) the amount of work that person has to do
Distraction (n) something that gets your attention and prevents you from concentrating on something else
My music taste varies widely from West to East and from the 90s to modern EDM. But if Korean pop is considered as a kind of music, then yeah, that’s my favorite of all time. More than half of my playlists are Korean songs and I always keep myself updated with the news related to Korean showbiz.
To keep updated (v) to follow a celebrity by frequently reading news about them
Since my parents are music-lovers and they also have very good tastes, I was exposed to the old kinds of music at a very young age. Sometimes my mom sang me to sleep with her lullabies. Although I can’t get the message at that time, my mom said that I buoyed up when listening to them.
Bouyed up (adj) feel cheerful
– How often do you use your dictionary?
As an English learner, I use dictionaries to look up new words regularly. Without them, it would be really hard for me to write a complete IELTS essay or understand an English article.
– Do you like paper dictionary or electronic dictionary?
E-dictionary, absolutely. It’s very convenient and portable. I can use my smartphone and look up new words whenever and wherever I want without having to carry a heavy book with me all the time.
– What kinds of dictionaries have you used before?
I’ve used quite a lot of dictionaries; but 3 dictionaries that I make use of the most are Cambridge Dictionary, Collocation dictionary, and Thesaurus dictionary. All of them are absolutely necessary for any English learner, I believe.
Describe your favourite season. You should say:
• What the weather is like
• Why you like this season
• What activities you usually do during this season
• How different kinds of weather in this season affect people
Today, I am going to tell you about my favourite season. Honestly, I love all the seasons but I think my favourite is spring. Usually, it starts at the end of December in our country and lasts till the middle of March.
The weather in my country is the best during spring because you will not suffer from the excessive heat of summer or the freezing wind of winter. The temperature is tolerable both day and night. One of the best things about spring is that, during this poetic season, nature displays itself in beautiful green and flowers are noticed everywhere. Fruit trees are in full blossom, and colourful flowers such as daffodils and marigolds bloom in parks and gardens. The sounds of spring are wonderful too. A typical spring day will begin when some birds start their morning chorus as they look for a mate. We also celebrate New Year, one of the most anticipated holidays by people. This is an occasion for pilgrimages, family reunions and many festivals. Parties full of palatable traditional dishes are the main theme for the whole holiday of New Year Eve.
I am of the opinion that different kinds of weather can affect people’s health. Even among those in the prime of health, an excessively hot or cold day can lead to illness or injury, let alone the elderly, who can be more susceptible to extreme weather conditions. Weather can also make a huge impact on people’s lives. Obviously, the weather dictates what you are going to wear for the day, often depending on the time of year. Also, winter snow storms in Western countries can cancel school or make your morning commute a hassle.
• suffer from: be badly affected by
• excessive: greater than what seems reasonable or appropriate
• tolerable: moderate, acceptable
• in full blossom: with the flowers fully open
• morning chorus: early morning bird songs
• pilgrimage: a journey to a holy place for religious reasons
• in the prime of: in the best, most successful, most productive stage
• susceptible: very likely to be influenced, harmed or affected
• dictate: decide, determine
• hassle: irritating inconvenience
– Do you think people should go on holidays? Is it beneficial?
– Do you think companies would benefit if the employees were to take long holidays?
– Do you think people should spend more on holidays?
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!