IELTS Speaking Part 1
What is your favorite animal?
I would call myself a dog person. I really adore dogs. They are so cute & loyal to their owners. That’s why they are one of the most popular kinds of pets in the world.
- IELTS General Speaking Test in Philippines – Feb 2018
- IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – Feb 2018 & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test in the United Arab Emirates – January 2018 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Questions (Part 1, 2, 3) & Sample Answers – Topic: Health
- IELTS Speaking Test in Pakistan – Feb 2018 & Sample Answers
Do you have any pet?
Although I really love dogs, I can’t manage to have a dog because I travel quite often & hardly have spare time to stay at home & look after my dog. But I really hope that when I settle down, I can have a dog who always bounds up to me and start licking my hands everytime I am back home.
Settle down (phrasal verb) to start living in a place where you intend to stay for along time, usually with your partner
Do you usually write by hand?
Not really anymore. These days I find myself typing a lot on computers and texting on my phone, so I rarely use paper and a pen anymore. That said, I still have to jot down notes in class because laptops are not allowed. I think it’s a pain, really.
jot down (phrasal verb) write
Do you think handwriting will be replaced by computers?
Well, you know, in this day and age, modern technologies have largelymarginalized handwriting, and you don’t see people writing by hand as much as they did in the past. However, I still think some things need to be handwritten. For example, you should always handwrite a wedding invitation to show respect to the guests.
marginalize (verb) to make someone or something seem not important or relevant
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe an interesting book you read
You should say:
- What it is about
- How you knew this book
- When you read it for the first time
- And explain why you think this book is very interesting.
I have to deal with overwhelming workload recently. However, if I have any spare time, I would like to sit down with a book and a cup of tea. Books always keep me calm and relaxed. Until now, I have read numerous books, but the one I like most is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Alchemist was first published in 1988, but it is not until 2015 that I read this book. At that time, I had read “Little Prince”, and fallen head over heels in love with it. Then all of a sudden, I stumbled upon a review about Alchemist written that “It is like Little Prince for Asian”, which made me so curious about it and hunger for reading it. I decided to buy this book straight away. After spending a whole day reading the book, The Alchemist became my favorite book, surpassing “Little Prince”.
Although the book is not as thick as other famous novels like “Gone with the wind” and the like, it still succeeds in inspiring a devoted following around the world. This story is about an Andalusian shepherd boy named Santiago who travels from his homeland in Spain to Egyptian desert in search of a buried treasure in the Pyramids. On the way he reach the destination, there are a number of obstacles that he has to overcome, and some people that give him a lot of lessons about life.
Though this kind of journey can be told in many other books, Alchemist, dazzling in its powerful simplicity and inspiring wisdom can give me an unique outlook on life. This story has successfully taught me about the importance of passion in every life. To pursue your passion, you should try as hard as possible.
- Deal with something (phrase) to take action to do something, especially to solve a problem
- Fall head over heels in love with (idiom) love somebody
- All of a sudden (phrase) suddenly
- Hunger: have a strong desire or craving for.
- Straight away: without delay
- Surpass: exceed; be greater than.
- Symbolic: serving as a symbol.
The like (phrase) and other similar things
- Following (noun) a body of supporters or admirers
- Shepherd boy: a boy who tends and rears sheep.
- Pursue: follow (someone or something) in order to catch
- Numerous: great in number; many.
- Dazzle in (phrasal verb): to impress someone a lot, for example with your beauty, intelligence, or skill
- Outlook on (phrase) your general attitude to things
IELTS Speaking Part 3
What type of books do people in your country prefer to read?
Does reading fiction help children’s mental development?
Do you prefer watching novel-based movies to reading books?
Is it interesting to watch a movie after reading book or reading book after watching movie?
Is it important to ready books about history ?
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!