IELTS slot booking
You can book for the IELTS test via the British Council or IDP.
How to book ielts slot?
Before booking for the test, you need to keep the following things handy:
- Passport is the only form of valid ID (identity document) which will be accepted to complete the IELTS booking process. Driving licenses, student IDs and other documents will not be accepted as valid proof of identification. The passport must not have expired at the time of booking your test and on the test day.
- Candidates below the age of 18 years at the time of booking the test or on the test day, must produce duly filled consent forms (the parent consent form and the consent form for minors) at the time of appearing for the examination.
- IELTS is not recommended for test-takers under the age of 16.
If you book through the British Council, you need to do the following :
- Visit the official website of British Council- https://www.britishcouncil.in/
- Click on the link ‘Take an exam’.
- Select the link ‘Take IELTS with the British Council’.
- On the page that appears, click on the link ‘Book now’ from the sentence “Register now for IELTS and secure your slot for when we start testing again! Book now.”
- On the new page, scroll down to find the section “Tests we offer”.
- Click on “Book now” corresponding to the test, that you wish to take.
- A new page titled “Book new test” appears. Select the test type whether it is IELTS Academic, IELTS General or IELTS Life Skills.
- Select the country, choose yes/no for special arrangements required on the test day and test month and click on “Choose location”.
- From the list displayed, choose the location and hit “Search for tests”.
- Select the test date and the format (whether paper-based or computer-delivered) and hit “Choose this test”.
- On the next screen, click on “Choose Speaking test”.
- Choose the date and time for the speaking test and hit “Create an account”.
- Fill in all the details and click “Register”.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
Once you complete the process of booking with BC, the following will be delivered to your email:
- An email confirming receipt of payment.
- Access details to free online course – Road to IELTS.
IDP test booking:
If you book through IDP, you need to do the following :
- Login to the official website- https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/
- Select the link “Register for test”
- Select your preferred Test( paper-based or Computer-delivered).
- Select the test type (Academic or General)
- Select the test city and click on “View test dates”.
- Select the preferred slot and hit “continue”
- On the new page that appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- Fill in all the required information like “Personal Details”, “Registration Details”.
- Upload required documents.
- Fill in RO details.
- Review the application form and pay the required amount of fee.
Once you complete the registration process, you will receive the following in the email:
- An acknowledgement to your email.
What if I don’t want to register online?
- You have the option of registering in person at the nearest IDP IELTS branch. Documents required at the time of registration include a photocopy of your passport ID (front and back page) and signed and dated declaration document.
Also check :