IELTS Test Booking 2021
IELTS slot booking
You can book for the IELTS test via the British Council or IDP.
How to book IELTS slot? (or) How to apply for IELTS test online?
Before booking for the IELTS exam, you need to keep the following things handy:
- Passport is the only form of valid ID (identity document) which will be accepted to complete the IELTS booking process. Driving licenses, student IDs and other documents will not be accepted as valid proof of identification. The passport must not have expired at the time of booking your test and on the test day.
- Candidates below the age of 18 years at the time of booking the test or on the test day, must produce duly filled consent forms (the parent consent form and the consent form for minors) at the time of appearing for the examination.
- IELTS is not recommended for test-takers under the age of 16.
If you book through the British Council, you need to do the following :
- Visit the official website of British Council- https://www.britishcouncil.in/
- Click on the link ‘Take an exam’.
- Select the link ‘Take IELTS with the British Council’.
- On the page that appears, click on the link ‘Book now’ from the sentence “Register now for IELTS and secure your slot for when we start testing again! Book now.”
- On the new page, scroll down to find the section “Tests we offer”.
- Click on “Book now” corresponding to the test, that you wish to take.
- A new page titled “Book new test” appears. Select the test type whether it is IELTS Academic, IELTS General or IELTS Life Skills.
- Select the country, choose yes/no for special arrangements required on the test day and test month and click on “Choose location”.
- From the list displayed, choose the location and hit “Search for tests”.
- Select the test date and the format (whether paper-based or computer-delivered) and hit “Choose this test”.
- On the next screen, click on “Choose Speaking test”.
- Choose the date and time for the speaking test and hit “Create an account”.
- Fill in all the details and click “Register”.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
Once you complete the process of booking with BC, the following will be delivered to your email:
- An email confirming receipt of payment.
- Access details to free online course – Road to IELTS.
IDP test booking:
If you book through IDP, you need to do the following :
- Login to the official website- https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/
- Select the link “Register for test”
- Select your preferred Test( paper-based or Computer-delivered).
- Select the test type (Academic or General)
- Select the test city and click on “View test dates”.
- Select the preferred slot and hit “continue”
- On the new page that appears, accept the terms and conditions.
- Fill in all the required information like “Personal Details”, “Registration Details”.
- Upload required documents.
- Fill in RO details.
- Review the application form and pay the required amount of fee.
Once you complete the registration process, you will receive the following in the email:
- An acknowledgement to your email.
What if I don’t want to register online?
- You have the option of registering in person at the nearest IDP IELTS branch. Documents required at the time of registration include a photocopy of your passport ID (front and back page) and signed and dated declaration document.
IELTS Fees for a few countries:
Fee for IELTS varies from one country to another. IELTS test fee for some countries are listed below:
- IELTS exam fee in India: Rs. 14,000 for registrations from 1st-Apr-2020
- IELTS exam fee in Australia: $375 from 1st-Sep- 2020
- IELTS exam fee in Canada: $309.00 (Kitchener, Ontario only) and $319.00 (For all locations outside of Kitchener, Ontario)
Common misconceptions and clarifications:
Sample scenario 1:
Student A is from India and wants to study in a University in Canada. He/She is sitting the test at India.
Doubts that may arise:
What will be test fee? Since student A is applying for a university in Canada, should he/she pay the fee applicable for Canada or India? The common misconception is that you have to pay the amount for the destination country which is wrong.
You have to pay the IELTS price for the country in which you are sitting the test.
IELTS exam fees in India for Canada: If you are taking the test in India, the IELTS exam cost is Rs.14,000 only even if you’re going to send the TRF to Canadian Universities.
IELTS exam fees in Canada for Canada: If you are taking the test in Canada, the IELTS exam cost is $319 or $309(depending on where you’re taking the test in Canada).
Sample scenario 2:
Student A wants to take the computer delivered test. Student B wants to take a pen and paper based test.
Doubts that may arise:
Will the IELTS exam cost vary? The common misconception is the CBT might be costlier than pen and paper based test.
There is absolutely no difference in IELTS test charges. So the terms ” IELTS paper based test fee” or “IELTS CBT based test fee” are meaningless.
Also check :