Look like a million dollars – Idiom of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
When someone said that you looked like a million dollars, do they mean you are very rich? Let find out what this idiom really means.
Luxurious, gorgeous and beautiful.
“Wow, you look like a million dollars.”
” Did you see Jane? She looks like a million dollars.”
“That car looks like a million dollars.”
- Read a conversation and answer the question:
Bill: “Hi Janny, Is that you? I haven’t seen since we graduated from high school. How are you?”
Janny: “Hi Bill! Long time no see! Yes, I applied for a scholarship, and I’ve studied abroad in Germany for two years. Anyway, I’m great. How about you?”
Bill: “I’m fine. I’m so happy to see you at this party. You look like a million dollars.“
Janny: “Oh, Bill. Thank you. You’re so nice.”
What does Bill mean when he said: “You look like a million dollars.”
A. Janny is a millionaire.
B. Janny has a million dollars.
C. Janny is beautiful and gorgeous.
- Which is a correct sentence?
A. This shirt is terrible. It looks like a million dollars.
B. The car looks like a million dollars because its price is cheap.
C. She looks like a million dollars when she wears this dress.
Hope you can choose the best answers and don’t forget to subscribe us to see more useful idiom for IELTS Speaking daily.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!