Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Mathematics
1.Is math difficult for you to learn?
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
Totally! I tend to have a more abstract (illogical) brain, so I am more apt (able) to subjects like art, literature, or music. Math was always the class I would dread (not look forward to) all day. Actually, I even failed Geometry in high school.
2. Do you like math?
To be honest, I was not really into Math when I was young because I found it extremely tedious. But when I got into high school, I gradually found myself more comfortable when studying Math and usually got high marks in this subject and this just made me keen on learning Math even more.
3.Do you think females are good at maths?
Hmm, I can’t say. I haven’t noticed whether one gender is better than the other at Maths. However, I’ve heard the stereotype that women don’t tend to think as logically as men, so maybe this affects their mathematical abilities.
4. At what age did you start studying mathematics?
Well, I can’t exactly remember, but Math is a compulsory subject in primary school. All children have to learn this complex subject from the first grade. So I probably learnt simple addition at that age.
5. Do you like to use a calculator?
Yes, I do love using a calculator to make everything simpler! It allows me to calculate numbers more quickly without having to thinking much. I just need to input the figures into the calculator, then the right answers are displayed on the screen.
6. Who taught you math?
My teachers, with my parents’ help at home. It all started with very basic equations like “If I take away one of these jelly beans, how many are there?”, which my parents practiced with me at home, also. But, first and foremost, it started at school.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!