Vicissitude – Word of the Day ( Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & IELTS Writing )
VICISSITUDE (noun) /vi´sisi¸tju:d/
A change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant
- Improve Your Vocabulary in IELTS Speaking & Writing – Key Word: Thing
- Boost Your Lexical Resource – Key Word: Rule
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
Synonym: variation, fluctuation, ups & downs, change
Collocation: the vicissitudes of life | the vicissitude of seasons | the vicissitudes of fortune
He had the ability to change with the times and to share the vicissitudes of opinion.
The professional writer has to undergo a wide range of sad vicissitudes.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!